ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Polo GTI 6n2 Content

After selling my RB 182, i bought a EP3. Which was great, but i couldn't help missing the clio. I literally had the EP3 for 8 weeks and i was drawing myself back to a 182.

However having to be more sensible as I'm having to save at the moment i decided to sell the CTR as it was costing me a fortune, I still wanted a 'warm hatchback' but something that was a lot cheaper to run, insure, tax etc.

So thus being said i've settled on a VW Polo GTI 6n2 in silver, it's literally half for me to insure it and it will probably half for me to run it. This particular one has leathers, is completely standard, comprehensive service history 4 owners from new. Even had the receipt for 14k from when i was sold from VW, it's a lovely example the guy who I'm buying the car from is about to start his own detailing business.

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow, here's some pics of it;

5vz2w0asx

k3orknnht

8fupq3ycx

nd36r4bld

4m5uup6ep

cg6gg3e7l

bf67qyx81

f023a71rl

rsq7a4ddd

uo3agzhdd

ks27hcbld

uzg5g08fl

agl9axui9

6znslpktt

Attachments

• Driver bumper.jpeg
    Driver bumper.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Elec Sunroof.jpeg
    Elec Sunroof.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 198
  • Engine2.jpeg
    Engine2.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1211.jpeg
    IMG_1211.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    409.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1216.jpeg
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    391.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1217.jpeg
    IMG_1217.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1218.jpeg
    IMG_1218.jpeg
    405.6 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1219.jpeg
    IMG_1219.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 223
  • Passenger side1.jpeg
    Passenger side1.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Passenger.jpeg
    Passenger.jpeg
    362.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Side shot.jpeg
    Side shot.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 200
Love these, my missus has a 1.4 6n2 which I enjoy driving but it could do with a bloody good tidy up and a bit more poke would be nice!

Petrol Blue 182.
these are wicked little cars, quick buggers too. Make sure theres no gearbox crunches or its had a replacement. common fault with them aparently

The gearbox and clutch where refurbed and changed less then 20k ago I did read up about it and also the pedal box has been done by vw too

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
The gearbox and clutch where refurbed and changed less then 20k ago I did read up about it and also the pedal box has been done by vw too
Exactly what i was gonna say, used to have a wee polo, i'll have a look for a pic, the pedal boxes are very common, and when you see why its a daft design, even the new one they put in aint much better, just a little bit of extra weld. The part its self is £30 from VW - but the labour is the killer. Altho on the Gti it was a recall, yet every other 6N2 weren't

^^^ It's a shame really, I'm looking forward to picking this up I hope it will be a good replacement for my 182 at a fraction of the cost. I've looked a bit into 1.8T 20v conversions may be on the cards in the future.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Love it!!!

40mm drop and some leather care and it will be perfect!

I think it would be a very hard choice between this and a Lupo!

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
^^^ It's a shame really, I'm looking forward to picking this up I hope it will be a good replacement for my 182 at a fraction of the cost. I've looked a bit into 1.8T 20v conversions may be on the cards in the future.
If the box has been done its happy days, and even if it goes should be covered under a recall. I looked very closely into this too, was close to getting a full Ibiza Cupra R - had everything, but never, just left the engine well alone, there not to bad in the country roads these, as said - get it a little lower and an ARB on the back axle - happy days!

Looks lovely mate I haven't got many plans for it as of yet just a tidy up, double din cd player, nice set of wheels and some collies... :)

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
Looks lovely mate I haven't got many plans for it as of yet just a tidy up, double din cd player, nice set of wheels and some collies... :)
All i had done to mine, well had a full boot install too -

21c86xg.jpg

jq0zgk.jpg

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread......

Ian_R

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk3 Megane 250
It was a Kenwood job, i dont really like the slot on the front of the units and the Kenwood didn't, full unit opened to put a CD/DVD in. As you can see it goes one step back so sits vertical - sold that and got a pioneer after that. IMO it finishes the dash off having a Double Din unit. Also if you can get a steam cleaner on the Seats and see if it will sort the leather a bit better - Altho it dont work on all leather.

Also with the BBS Rx's they are really bad for the lacquer peeling and corroding, so check them all very carefully - easy enough to split and refurb but its the hassle - Also all these MKIV Golf GTi's that are standard power, these wee polo GTi's will show them up :)

Last edited:
  120d M Sport
Love these, my missus has a 1.4 6n2 which I enjoy driving but it could do with a bloody good tidy up and a bit more poke would be nice!

My brother has a 1.4 6n2, I've always thought it's a nice drive whenever I've had a go. Nice torquey little engine, handling isn't much cop though.

That looks a really smart car, enjoy it!

Last edited:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Friend of mine has one, lovely little car.

BUT! Gearbox is gash, steering feels too light and you can't real feel what's going on underneath you and for the extra power, it's no quicker than my Mk5 Zetec-s.

That said, they are better built, will run forever, and are a much nicer place to be :)

Turbos.
Got to be honest, my mum had a 1.4 Auto and it was a terrible car! Went wrong quite a lot, dull as ditchwater to drive and the auto made it so sluggish! I appreciate this is a different beast but it must be a long way from a Clio or CTR to drive.

Sounds like a good example though, as long as it delivers...

Friend of mine has one, lovely little car.

BUT! Gearbox is gash, steering feels too light and you can't real feel what's going on underneath you and for the extra power, it's no quicker than my Mk5 Zetec-s.

That said, they are better built, will run forever, and are a much nicer place to be :)

I can vouch for the rubbish gearbox especially in comparison of my old EP3's gearbox. Also the steering is light like you said im planning on polybushing it and seeing if that makes a difference before buying collies.

Having said that though its a lovely cabin and a great compromise for a cheaper car to run/insure which is why i bought it.

Got to be honest, my mum had a 1.4 Auto and it was a terrible car! Went wrong quite a lot, dull as ditchwater to drive and the auto made it so sluggish! I appreciate this is a different beast but it must be a long way from a Clio or CTR to drive.

Sounds like a good example though, as long as it delivers...

Your right it is a long way from the clio and ctr. But i was fully aware when buying it as im after something cheaper to run and insure at the moment. It feels a much put together car then the clio and civic saying that.

It's in brilliant nick every car has it niggles and this has a couple but saying that all it needs is a good detail and to replace some worn parts :)

all of which will follow in good time, planning to give it a full service before i start anything else.

Oh and pictures will follow on Friday