ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new purchases

2014 Focus Titanium
Hey guys, after having not used the 400D in a while due to lack of funds for new gear I have decided (now i've paid off my credit card lol) that it was time to invest a small amount in some gear to get my going again. So here's what I have bought:

Sigma 70-300 APO DG f/4-5.6
Manfrotto 676B Monopod
Cokin P Series Filter Holder
P Series 58mm Holder Adapter Ring
ND4 Graduated P Series Filter

For a total of £135 :D (I'm not as rich as you guys :D)

These should do ok for my visit donington for BARC on 3rd August (I hope!)

Just a quick question, is it good practice to use a grad ND filter while photographing motorsports? (panning etc)

2014 Focus Titanium
Thats a good collection for 135! Where did you go shopping?

Thanks! Got it all from ebay, lens was £90 (Bargain, especially since its the APO version!), Monopod was £30 and is new, as were filters/holders etc.

i wouldn't use a fillter when panning, it will slow autofocus times.

OK, thanks for the advice, I have never really done it before so wanted to know what people with experience thought. :D

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I wouldn't use auto focus when panning....stick it on manual focus, and use depth of field principles etc.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
spotter

with the arguement on auto/manual focus who gives a poo when you have a 1D.....stick it on hi speed servo jobs a goo-un.

Real Photographers can handle any situation...newbs need the auto/programme blanket to hide under.

With this technical debate I was "assuming" as a newb Photographer he would be cheap seats side of the track behind a fence, thus might have slight problems with auto focus etc etc.

If you can understand and execute the principles of DOF manual would probably /will give you a much higher hit rate and be 1 less thing to worry about.

Last edited: