ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rear on my mk 2

Da

Less

looks good mate, really tidies up the rear on the ph1! Also works well with the lights and spoiler, good work bud! :D

"Navy" N17 TWO

nice move!

Ive got that rear bumper too for my 04 - just need the plastic strip that runs along the bottom and a small split mended

that looks mint - 172 bumpers are meaner looking and more symetrical than the others

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

looks mint that m8, ive changed my mrk2 phase 1 bumber to a dynamic one till i can afford the 172 style, where didi ya get yours m8?

Quote: Originally posted by trevq on 05 March 2005

why wats your engine?
Not alot write with to b fair mate being a 1.2 8V:cry:

But it does the job for me at the moment, I was close to selling a while ago have decided against it for a while until I can get some funds saved.

Mayb a new engine is the final is the way forward but it looks expensive........

When you say your bodyshop worked some magic...

How much?

Was it simple enough as Im looking at doing the same to my Mk1.5 172.

i thought thta it just went straight on? im sure the backends are the same so surely the bumper fixing holes will be the same?

Nah apparantly the fittings on the 172 bumper are in completely the wrong place to the standard bumper. Im not sure how but my bodyshop had to creat some new fittings some how, any half decent body shop should be able to fit it ,so long as you explain the situation.

I bought the bumper off e-bay for £90

As for the sports badge....it stays;)

Da

Less

Quote: Originally posted by ginola45 on 06 March 2005

Nah apparantly the fittings on the 172 bumper are in completely the wrong place to the standard bumper. Im not sure how but my bodyshop had to creat some new fittings some how, any half decent body shop should be able to fit it ,so long as you explain the situation.

As for the sports badge....it stays;)

You checked out these new fittings mate as im 99% certain the bumpers have exactly the same fitment?

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 06 March 2005
Day... get it sorted lad;)

I will in the summer Lee.

My mate from the bodyshop is already aware that it might need adjusting slightly :D

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 06 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ginola45 on 06 March 2005

As for the sports badge....it stays

You checked out these new fittings mate as im 99% certain the bumpers have exactly the same fitment?
200% it wont fit straight on without modin the bumper

Da

Less

but the Ph1 and Ph2 rears are the same bar the visual aspects. Light clusters = same fitment, Tailgate = same fitment, Spoiler = same fitment, Bumper...hmmm?? I just thought these were the same too?

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 06 March 2005

but the Ph1 and Ph2 rears are the same bar the visual aspects. Light clusters = same fitment, Tailgate = same fitment, Spoiler = same fitment, Bumper...hmmm?? I just thought these were the same too?

Im telling you now mate so u dont come across all these problems if you get it done

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I was under the impression they were identical fitments also... quite a few people have changed their bumpers to the mk2 ph2.

Quote: Originally posted by CupCake on 06 March 2005

I was under the impression they were identical fitments also... quite a few people have changed their bumpers to the mk2 ph2.
Yer i know but not many of them ahve been mk2 ph1

mayb its just me but i bought had to make a few alterations to my bumper

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 06 March 2005
rear ends the same, may need a few very minor mods but I expect it will fit fine.

In that case I might need your help at some point Mike ;)