ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new sub

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
DSCF1925.gif

DSCF1926.gif

:rasp:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i am a chav tho ... lol

its a wee 10" oz audio vector, its not about volume its about sound quality :D

need to make a box now

Pointless and just slow down the car. If you want to be looked at driving, sorry kroozin' down the high street, just open the window and make random warbling noises.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
LMFAO it weighs about as much as having a full bladder,
not pointless as i like music..

my car isnt a race car, im not bothered if its a millisecond slower to 100mph lol, comfort and enjoyment :D

Mk4 .:R32
I've got a sub and I'm not a chav. I agree with Taylor, it's about sound quality. The bass on standard 172 speakers is like someone tapping a pencil on a table.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive had the mahoosive systems with ear bleeding base, hell ive been to the finals in france and yes its all very cool its not practical for a day to day car to be walled, i love music and a nice tight bass makes it all sound so much better :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
Are these people who moan about ICE weighing down cars the same candidates who drive like maniacs just to make a presence on the road?

I think I'd rather have the music in that case and keep the license point-free :)

Ad

MK2 FRS
never really got why people put subs into 1*2s... pointless.. get something more showy if thats what your into.

Monaro VXR
...Because they like the cars handling, pace and looks. Possibly cant afford a faster car which looks better and a sub adds what 5kg of weight to the car. Its about the same as carrying a few bottles of coke around its not gonna be noticeable.

Clio 172 mk2
Are these people who moan about ICE weighing down cars the same candidates who drive like maniacs just to make a presence on the road?

I think I'd rather have the music in that case and keep the license point-free :)

Not a bad argument but no one can see me when I'm driving like a maniac as I don't do it in built up areas;)

People with big subs/ice system have to get noticed in built up areas with their windows down and dire R&B blaring out even further reinforcing the chav/t**t stereotype.

Sorry but pure arse

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i really cant see a 10" sub making all that much noise lol, its for my own personal listening pleasure, any one thats seen my current sub box will know that the only time any one will ever know its there is if i open my boot to get something.

it weighs about as much as a poo lol

my car isnot a race car, its my daily a-b with a bit of a kick thats it, i really couldnt give a rats arse if me having a sub makes it a fraction of a second slower to 140

clio 16v
a sub is there to make the overall nose sound betta i agre with taylor on this one subs do not equal a chav at all i f**king hate chavs but i have a boot full ov subs and to say that everyone who has subs is a chav takes the piss its like me saying that everyone who has got standard speakers is tight for not buying some good ones or that any1 who dose not drive a mk1 16v is a old fart .well i have been on the soap box a long time so i am going to let u decide this 1

Clio 172 mk2
Apologies for generalising but around my area loud music (crap R&B & dance anthems) & big sound systems seem to go hand in hand with goons/wiggers

Now if it was someone playing AC/DC at full whack that may be a different story lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thing is you wont even realise half the people that have a decent sound system have one, not untill you get in the car and listen

clio 16v
thats so true my mate has a bran new cls merc and hes just put a bose sub in that and thats amazing sound well it did cost 500 sheets the crazy bleeder

Clio 172 mk2
Probably not

Half the idots who roll around town with their sounds systems turned up to the max probably wouldn't know the difference between a s**te system or a good one..then again, neither do I lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not quite sure whats happened, i think ive steped into a parallel world wheer the people of cs agree with me.. and on more than one topic.. lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Probably not

Half the idots who roll around town with their sounds systems turned up to the max probably wouldn't know the difference between a s**te system or a good one..then again, neither do I lol
Those of us who have the sound systems for our pleasure only crank the music up stupid loud when theres no-one around to p*ss off ;) I dont listen to R&B or any of that stuff and have a full sound system because I like to hear everything the producer put on the recordings.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Each to their own at the end of the day when it comes to what you're into. Any man worth his salt will know that cheaper brands & halfrauds add-on's will get slated - it's only fair :clown: :eek:

The original debate on this thread was over the weight of ICE and now its the quality & quantity. We just have to praise ourselves for babbling-on don't we? :quiet:

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no the original topic of this thread was just to show you my new boom boom bass extreme haha

Clio 172 mk2
Probably not

Those of us who have the sound systems for our pleasure only crank the music up stupid loud when theres no-one around to p*ss off ;) I dont listen to R&B or any of that stuff and have a full sound system because I like to hear everything the producer put on the recordings.

That's good to hear as I don't want to listen (nor do most people chilling round town on a summers day) some scrotes taste in cheap, shite music.

Sorry, I'm not knocking the audiophiles here who know their stuff, just the cnuts who p** people off.

Megane R26
Nowt wrongs with subs, all this ist will weigh your car down, you people make me laugh.

Horses for Courses.

Just put a 12" TypeR running off a Geneis SubProfile in the meggy. Can add crazy amounts of bass when I want it, but set low to add a better note to the music. I listen to every type of music going. People are so quick to generalise.

Just because I listen to HipHop/Rap/Dance/Garage/Old SKool/R&B etc, im not going to be branded.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Pointless and just slow down the car. If you want to be looked at driving, sorry kroozin' down the high street, just open the window and make random warbling noises.
LOL

Although I do enjoy some extra bass, and from pictures Taylor is only small so the weight of the sub and box wont bring her near to your weights:rasp: so it doesn't make much difference.