ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Titanium Ph1.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I picked up a Phase 1 on Thursday with the help of Dan on here (SW Area Rep), so first off, cheers Dan for driving me all the way to Sunny Somerset to pick her up.

The car itself only cost a bargain £620! eBay bargains FTW.

However, the car does need some work doing to it mechanically. A new rear passenger side wheel bearing (which was included in the sale), a new middle section exhaust mount/hanger and a new passenger side CV gaiter.

Body wise, the paintwork is in good condition, it does need a good detail (it's growing moss!) which I'll be doing in the Spring time along with restoring the headlights as they are faded pretty bad. No dents, scrapes or scratches that I've noticed yet.

8372792115_36823d33b6_z.jpg

IMG_2274 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

8372794919_8df12cff3d_z.jpg

IMG_2281 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

8372796507_0a236a7be8_z.jpg

IMG_2275 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

8373867258_5bc103b11b_z.jpg

IMG_2276 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

Next to my dirty D-Turbo
8373863944_9280a4ff84_z.jpg

IMG_2277 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

8373864528_8787283041_z.jpg

IMG_2278 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

8373866690_e263ce331c_z.jpg

IMG_2280 by nyallwilliams, on Flickr

So the plans for the Phase 1 is to get it mechanically sound. Will get the cambelt done for peace of mind, it was done around 25,000 miles ago. Along with the aux belt and dephaser as the car is getting close to 98k miles and will probably need doing soon at some point anyway.

Those gash 17" wheels will be coming off, and they will be replaced by some 15" Williams Speedlines.

Coilovers will probably end up finding their way onto the car as well as a new exhaust (possibly).

I would quite like to track the car, and Dan wants me to turn it into a proper track wh*re, been toying with the idea of stripping it out, bucket seats and harnesses etc but we shall see. Watch this space LOL.

Visually, I have a Cup spoiler from my dead RB 182 that will be sent off to Spray Shack to be painted Titanium along with the side strips and door handles. A splitter for the front, most likely a Skoda Fabia VRS splitter or maybe a Cupra splitter, unsure yet. The only Ph2 part fitted to the rear will be the spoiler. No Ph2 rear clusters or bumpers for me.

Other plans include clean plates, clear side repeaters, aero wipers, silvervisions and all the little touches like that.

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
I was watching this on ebay too.

£620 is a bargain, I'm gutted I didn't make an offer.

I didn't have much competition on eBay, it only went up by £40 from it's original price! I'm chuffed to bits with it, proper bargain.

I'm glad you didn't make an offer :rasp:

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Don't worry, those wheels will be coming off for some white Willy Speedlines!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Someone selling some nice oz f1s in for sale section. U should get them

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
Someone selling some nice oz f1s in for sale section. U should get them

I do like F1's but then it would be like most other Phase 1's. I want something a bit different, so I wanted either Willy Speedlines or Turbines or maybe even Clovers from a valver.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Bargain mate. Wish I had seen this on eBay. Would have had it for run around. Perfect. Definitely track it!!!