ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy.......Rear wheel drive, 40mm TB's, 17" Rims & 15,500RPM limiter

CS Dungeon
Well, not been online in a while as I have had a lot of personal s**t going on which I dont really wanna go into, best way to deal with it all.................Buy a bike and ignore it all:approve:

Bought the bike late August, but couldnt get my DAS booked ill 7th November. Only ever rode a 125cc before picking up this beaut:clown:

Now onto my bike...........the criteria was:

I wanted 600cc's
Sports
Ideally Yam
Different
Newer then 2003
£4500 Max

The choices were:

Yamaha R6 (Obviously with my uncle owning a Yamaha Dealership)
Honda CBR600RR
GSXR600
Kawazaki ZX636
Ducati 748 (Put off by extortinate running costs but a dream bike that I will own one day)

Trawling the web for a couple of days, then I come across Webbs Yamaha in Eye (Peterborough) who just so happened to have everything bar the Duke.

Off I toddle with the cash in the bank.

We get there and infront of my are all 4 bikes lined up next to each other!

1st up was the Kwak 636 (03 plate, 6000miles, met blue and £3800) - Immediate impressions was that its one ugly mofo from the front and the tank is really pointed and would be a pain in the crown jewels under heavy braking

2nd bike was the CBR600RR (05 plate, 4000miles, red and £4400) - These are big bikes, I felt like I was being swallowed up by the fatness of the bike, I felt i'd look an idiot riding it

3rd and what happened to be the final bike (what Gixxer lol) was something which ticked everybox bar the £4500 max
Oh, and i now definately believe in love at 1st sight.

2007 (Very late registered 2005 shape) Yamaha R46 Rossi Limited Edition No 907
1100 Miles from new
2 Owners
Manufacturers warranty until may 2009
100% completely factory original bar the oil and filter change at 1st service
Minter then a mint thing
£4900

After a bit of haggling I got the bike for £4600 and the dealer stuck a full years tax on it for me (£49) so in theory I paid £4552 cash
The deal was wrapped up in 10 mins from 1st setting eyes on the bike, like I said, I didnt even give the Gixxer a look over.
As I was walking out the shop the sales man (Chris Davies..very nice chap) came running over me and said did I want it delievered with baffles in our out...............OUT please

I will hopefully be able to get her out of the garage and give her a polish over the weekend and apply some Zymol wax to the panels and wheels over the weekend and will take some better pics, until now you will have to make do with these dealer pics

untitled.gif

untitled1.gif

untitled2.gif

untitled3.gif

untitled4.gif

untitled5.gif

30082008194.gif

For those that dont know about the limited edition R46 take a look at the differences and spec here http://www.ma.org.au/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Current7&Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=4426

Any questions, feel free to ask away

VX220
should have gone for the blade next to it mate...good bike but not the colours i would have gone for. Dont drop it.

Clio 182
That will shift matey... im the same as you only ever ridden a 125cc.......... so very tempted to do my bike test..

RB 182 with CUP packs
Thats very nice & there is a AGV lid that matches should you want one....lol ;)

A VERY focused first big bike though buddy....be careful.

MCS R56
Awesome!! Proper speed right there. Hopefully an R6 for me this summer, in white.

Fossie - just do it, you'll love it!

320d
Awsome bike mate. I was tempted by one but I had a couple of accidents on my scooter when i was 16 (all non fault) and now my family would moan me into submission if i tried to get another bike.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
my mate just picked this up. 2 weeks ago when he got it it was the only registered one on the country cbr 600 rr

Tad.jpg

RB 182 with CUP packs
my mate just picked this up. 2 weeks ago when he got it it was the only registered one on the country cbr 600 rr

Tad.jpg

Lovely paint scheme.....remember seeing it in a bike mag & thinking "That would be the colours I'd buy!" :cool::cool::cool:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
yes its a pearl white. the colours look so much better in real life aswell. he wondered by the shop just to ava browse rang me up to come have a look brought it at 3 drove home on it at 5! few thousand sheets lighter!

Lovely choice... I just passed my DAS in December and shelled out on an 03 R1 (R6 wasn't big enough to pillion my wife's rump about on) and I'm loving it! I hope you enjoy it, and think before you twist, pile those rev's on gently and only drive as fast as you are comfortable with.

That CBR in white/blue looks yummers

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome looking bike :D

I'll get round to getting my licence at some point... I need one of these in my life :p

black+and+red+ducati+1098s+wallpaper+motorcycle.jpg

Saw a motorbike courier using one in the city.. he had a massive grin on his face when he got off it :p

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Welcome to the world of real bikes mate, i own your bikes big brother, have had R6's, excellent bikes that can run with litre sports bikes in the right hands, i loved mine and only got rid as i got to the stage of wringing its neck everywhere so needed to move on to something bigger.Enjoy it.

Welcome to the world of real bikes mate, i own your bikes big brother, have had R6's, excellent bikes that can run with litre sports bikes in the right hands, i loved mine and only got rid as i got to the stage of wringing its neck everywhere so needed to move on to something bigger.Enjoy it.

Do you find your R1 actually makes you drive quite sensibly because you just KNOW there is absolutely no contest, and that lazy power means you don't need to be ragging it? I seem to spend most of my time just tootling about, enjoying bike ownership.

Although having said that, just got rid of my right hand side chicken strip (after ages commuting gently through the bad weather) the weekend just gone... my wife on the back wasn't too pleased about that!

That 1098 is amazing. Need.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Do you find your R1 actually makes you drive quite sensibly because you just KNOW there is absolutely no contest, and that lazy power means you don't need to be ragging it? I seem to spend most of my time just tootling about, enjoying bike ownership.

Although having said that, just got rid of my right hand side chicken strip (after ages commuting gently through the bad weather) the weekend just gone... my wife on the back wasn't too pleased about that!

That 1098 is amazing. Need.

I wish it did mate, i ring the neck out of it as well lol, just before i put it away last year i was getting the hang of spinning the back wheel up through corners, its really good fun to do, sadly i might be getting rid of the bike this year but who knows, i used to get most of my fun on track days but we have some amazing roads round here to send it on as well.

I have been riding on the road for around 17 years now.

I wish it did mate, i ring the neck out of it as well lol, just before i put it away last year i was getting the hang of spinning the back wheel up through corners, its really good fun to do, sadly i might be getting rid of the bike this year but who knows, i used to get most of my fun on track days but we have some amazing roads round here to send it on as well.

I have been riding on the road for around 17 years now.

Nutter! Shame to get rid of it, they are lovely bikes to ride. I'm tall, and its sooo comfy. A few hours on it, hop off, fresh as a daisy.

No point selling, market ain't right!