ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new watch :D

Christ you people have more money than sense, you do realise that the movements in most "swiss made" watches are mass produced and cost less than £100 to buy, add that to about £100 worth of steel and other components and you have a watch that retails at over £1000.

Two words - RIPOFF

BMW 120i Sport

Quote: Originally posted by davep24 on 05 March 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Christ you people have more money than sense, you do realise that the movements in most "swiss made" watches are mass produced and cost less than £100 to buy, add that to about £100 worth of steel and other components and you have a watch that retails at over £1000.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Two words - RIPOFF

Yep, but I/we can afford them - so why not?

Mr2 Roadster

Gucci??? = Crap!

Waste of money. Buy a movement not a want-a-bie fashion sh*t piece to show of to some retarded mates in the pub.

Flash watches are a waste of money unless you can afford them!

LY 200

I got a D&G watch for xmas off my mum and i can say its one of the best presents ive ever had!!!

Looks totally different to the standard watch, its a silver chunky band with a rectangle face (id stick pics up but the uploaders fooked)

Gotta say though i use it as more of a fashion accessory rather than to do the job its supposed to, ive actually asked people what the time is before and theyve pointed out that i have a watch on!!! :oops:

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 05 March 2005

I got a D&G watch for xmas off my mum and i can say its one of the best presents ive ever had!!!

Looks totally different to the standard watch, its a silver chunky band with a rectangle face (id stick pics up but the uploaders fooked)

Gotta say though i use it as more of a fashion accessory rather than to do the job its supposed to, ive actually asked people what the time is before and theyve pointed out that i have a watch on!!! :oops:
Do you have a small penis?

youve probably had to ask them because its stopped

E60 diesel powah

file:///C:/documents%20and%20Settings/mobe/My%20documents/blind.jpg">

mine Jacob & Co and my brothers Tag Heur Moanco...

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by dutty_112 on 05 March 2005

But you drive a 1.2?

Where is the point in buying a watch of that value if you dont clearly live in that income band?

E60 diesel powah

and how do u kno if im not rich..? my mum n dad bought it me for my 18th along side the car..and my brother bought his own

[Edited by dutty_112 on 05 March 2005 at 8:07pm]

GR7

Shiny red R32

I think if you buy a watch costing more than £70 you guys must be absolutely BONKERS and complete POSERS! And as for thinking that a ridiculously overpriced watch increases in value...... :eek:

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 05 March 2005

I think if you buy a watch costing more than £70 you guys must be absolutely BONKERS and complete POSERS! And as for thinking that a ridiculously overpriced watch increases in value...... :eek:
Thats where youre wrong, some just do! Well have over the last 10 years. I doubt so many will now.

Mini Cooper S sport

Thats the point I was making too - why have a flash watch and a Clio? If youre that loaded, get a Ferrari!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by iPap on 05 March 2005

But you drive a 1.2?

Where is the point in buying a watch of that value if you dont clearly live in that income band?
so you are saying that if you dont earn a great deal you should not enjoy nice things, or splash out on items that are of great interest to you? your chatting bollox mate sayin that you shouldnt buy expensive items unless your minted. narrow minded view, appreciate that you may not agree with buying an expensive watch but making assumptions and comments about peoples income and tastes and preferences is wrong IMO.

Mr2 Roadster

and how do u kno if im not rich..? my mum n dad bought it me for my 18th along side the car..and my brother bought his own

[Edited by dutty_112 on 05 March 2005 at 8:07pm]
Not Rich? Well for a start you are called Dutty, not rich...

E60 diesel powah

Quote: Originally posted by J_rt on 05 March 2005

But you drive a 1.2?

so you are saying that if you dont earn a great deal you should not enjoy nice things, or splash out on items that are of great interest to you? your chatting bollox mate sayin that you shouldnt buy expensive items unless your minted. narrow minded view, appreciate that you may not agree with buying an expensive watch but making assumptions and comments about peoples income and tastes and preferences is wrong IMO.

agreed! we both earn our wager so y cant we splash our money out? so wot if i drive a 1.2? im also insured on a c55 amg? dont mean to so like a k*nb but if u got a problem..deal with it
its a name..dutty...irony...my mate...17...cooper s supercharge covertible...daddy owns a Arnage T plus 350modena...is he narrow minded..?

Mr2 Roadster

But you drive a 1.2?

agreed! we both earn our wager so y cant we splash our money out? so wot if i drive a 1.2? im also insured on a c55 amg? dont mean to so like a k*nb but if u got a problem..deal with it
its a name..dutty...irony...my mate...17...cooper s supercharge covertible...daddy owns a Arnage T plus 350modena...is he narrow minded..?
Im narrow minded...

I own my own things though and I dont need to boast about my wealth (should I have any) or talk about my friends Dads in an attempt to make myself look better.

p.s. My friends Dad lets me borrow the 355 when ever I want...

E60 diesel powah

But you drive a 1.2?

Im narrow minded...

I own my own things though and I dont need to boast about my wealth (should I have any) or talk about my friends Dads in an attempt to make myself look better.

p.s. My friends Dad lets me borrow the 355 when ever I want..

dont need to boast about my wealth (should I have any) or talk about my friends Dads in an attempt to make myself look better. p.s. My friends Dad lets me borrow the 355 when ever I want...-

whos boastin now...thought u didnt need ur mates wealth to make ur self "look good?" has ur mates dad got a 355? lol

Mr2 Roadster

But you drive a 1.2?

Im narrow minded...

p.s. My friends Dad lets me borrow the 355 when ever I want..

dont need to boast about my wealth (should I have any) or talk about my friends Dads in an attempt to make myself look better. p.s. My friends Dad lets me borrow the 355 when ever I want...-

whos boastin now...thought u didnt need ur mates wealth to make ur self "look good?" has ur mates dad got a 355? lol
I havent got any mates, Im just a keyboard warrior!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

i think someone should lock this now or move it to off topic cos it aint goin anywhere

Mr2 Roadster

i think someone should lock this now or move it to off topic cos it aint goin anywhere
Im going to the argos web site to buy a new watch!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Sorry guys i have got a Rolex, anyways its all about priorities and whats important to you..

Priority number 1 at the minute to to run in my new Cyrus Hifi......

Oh yes and a suspension kit for the missus Cup.

But i havent got an EVO as someone stole it....!

[Edited by EVOgone on 06 March 2005 at 10:36am]

BMW 120i Sport

This has gotten far too messy, its a bit "my dick is bigger than your dick" a typical male fu*ktard attitude thats spoiled a previously interesting thread about watches.

Its all relative.

Some people might look at you guys (and me..) and think "you spent £12k on a Renault?! youve got more money than sense!" ... "whats wrong with a £1k car from the auction?! it gets you from A to B just the same?!"

It depends on what you are prepared to spend for items - if youre passionate about it, its noone elses fcking business what you spend your money on. If you dont like how much people spend on an item, tough titty :).

EVOgone just mentioned about a Cyrus HiFi - i think investing a lot of money on a HiFi is perfectly fine since im an enthusiast. However, ive had people scoff at the price ive paid for speakers (and they werent even that expensive!!) with comments like "whats wrong with a £50 paid?" etc. The list is endless.

I find it highly ignorant when people say "more money than sense". If youve got it, then why the hell not, and if your parents have got it; i dont see why they shouldnt splash it out a bit.

Live life to the absolute max, live like there is no tomorrow.

BMW 120i Sport

man, sounding like a broken record.

If you have the cash, whats the problem?

If I asked you how much money youve wasted on your shed of a Clio, would you take offence?

Punto/Clio GTT

firstly ive never slated anyones watch, why slate my ride?

secondly your motto is spot on, i completely agree with it but it is the exact opposite of buyin a 3k watch

and no problems at all, spend it how you like

BMW 120i Sport

I wasnt slating it, i was putting into context what it feels like for someone to have a dig at something youre passionate about (for you i presume is your car).

I dont think its a shed, but if you spend money/effort on it only for someone to tell you its a waste; youre gonna get offended. Sorry to use you as an example there, i never meant it ;).

LY 200

Do you have a small penis?
Lol @ you!!!

By the posts youve made after the above i can safely say mines bigger than yours without a doubt!!!;)

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 06 March 2005

This has gotten far too messy, its a bit "my dick is bigger than your dick" a typical male fu*ktard attitude thats spoiled a previously interesting thread about watches.
Yep, it definitely is - "I am considerably richer than YOW" :ROLLEYES:

BTW, Ive never even heard of a Cyrus hi-fi, so that ones lost on me.

tiTTy & SV650

I thought this post was about watches... I have an animal watch, its titanium bodied with a carbon fibre face, Im a sucker for good materials...

£125 and great as far as Im concerned :D

BMW X5

OMG this is sooooo rediculous.

Im sorry i even posted my watch to begin with as i feel thats what started it all off.

Yes, fine, a Gucci watch is more for show than the actual movement, but then again, nothing in this world costs what it actually costs to make, and its just how much your willing to add on to have a certain brand over another.

I personally have always loved Gucci and this watch was just something that i have always wanted.

Yes, I do have a Clio. I love my car also, but if i could afford better i would buy better.

I was left money by my nan who passed away a while ago and she wanted me to spend it on something i have always wanted, but will last forever.

A car will come and go, i will get a new one, etc. I will keep this watch foras long as i can, and with its lifetime garuntee, im hoping a while.

Im sorry that some of you feel the way that you do about this type of thing, but i just feel its sooooo rediculous for anyone to come out with a "mine is bigger than yours" comment..........its jus unbelievable, honestly. It annoys me so much.

I think maybe people should not be so childish and have a proper discussion. As for showing my "r****d" mates down the pub my watch, i really dont, as my friends know that im not a show off. There are far more things you can buy to show off you have money than a watch.