ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my oem+ 182

clio 182 FF
I thought OEM+ meant modifying your car using parts from a higher spec model? I.e if you had a clio 1.2 and fitted xenons and a sport bodykit off a 182 then that would be oem+

I dont see how you can oem+ a top of the range car.

clio 182 FF
Also got to say it, your car looks immaculate! It looks like its been well looked after.

That bonnet bra spoils it for me though. Never been a fan of them on any car. If the car was black it wouldnt have looked as bad.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I won't say about the bra but was a bit disappointed and the oem+ bit, was expecting a 197 wheel and a few cup racer bits!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I thought OEM+ meant modifying your car using parts from a higher spec model? I.e if you had a clio 1.2 and fitted xenons and a sport bodykit off a 182 then that would be oem+

I dont see how you can oem+ a top of the range car.

The OP hasn't a clue what OEM+ normally refers to. He just pasted in something at random from another forum.

He may as well have called this thread "rally cross 182" or even "badminton horsetrials 182" as those terms would have been equally at home as OEM+ is. It's literally got NOTHING to do with the sort of mods he has done.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Lol he has, but its frustrating when people say something that is inaccurate. I genuinely would like to know what the OP thinks OEM+ means.

putting that aside, OP you have a very nice clean 182, why spoil it with a terrible sticker and bonnet bra? I know its your own carand you can do what you want to it, but surely you cant think it looks good.

If people cant afford to do serious mods to their cars, then simply keeping it clean is all they need to do. A clean standard car with a clean set of standard plates for example, is much nicer than putting random crap on that costs a couple of quid. All imo of course.

Very nice example.

Just be really really careful with that bonnet bra. I know a guy that had one on his polo and it destroyed the paint.

Rest of the car looks nice tho.

True Cliosport.net hospitality shining through on this thread.

Unless your car has its original dust caps, bulbs (except silver visions, f*ck me they love them) and black bumper sticker inserts it won't fit in. You'll leave here thinking "I'll be better off scrapping my car"

You've made your point, you don't like the bra. Leave it there?
Individuality. :approve:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
True Cliosport.net hospitality shining through on this thread.

Unless your car has its original dust caps, bulbs (except silver visions, f*ck me they love them) and black bumper sticker inserts it won't fit in. You'll leave here thinking "I'll be better off scrapping my car"

You've made your point, you don't like the bra. Leave it there?
Individuality. :approve:

Not the case at all. Lots of ways these cars can be improved. It's just a bonnet bra isn't one of them and also it is not an "OEM+" type of mod so the thread title is wrong.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
And that's you opinion?

Yes, my opinion is it looks gash.
And the fact of the matter (not down to opinion) is that its NOT an "OEM+" style mod, which is what he was apparently aiming for.

I cannot stand the bonnet bra either, but the OP obviously does.
Indeed, everyone has different likes and dislikes, and a good way to find out what others opinions are if you are interested in such things is to post pictures on a discussion forum so people will discuss it.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The backlash begins.

In seriousness - I don't think bonnet bras are all that bad if they are used for their purpose (i.e. protecting paintwork) but then if that were truly the case then the bumper should be protected too. If you were truly serious you would plastidip or similar.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone that uses the 'it protects paint' excuse is full of sh1t and is only using it to gain scene points or to be "different".

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
This.

If you've got nothing nice to say, don't say it.

Whilst I agree with people potentially toning down some of their 'anger' (it is a car after all), I don't agree with your second statement. He posted on a forum, which in turn is asking for opinion. You should be able to post your opinion whether it is good or bad.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bra, but it's his car so he can do as he pleases. People don't like some of the white bits on my car, but you don't see me crying into my cornflakes over it.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Agreed. Plastidip or gaffa tape would be a better option if protection were truly the issue.

I remember reading a huge topic on it years ago on a stance forum (forget the name). Some were saying they started using bonnet bras in America and Mexico to stop big bugs splatting on the front of the cars on the highway. Now people put them on because they somehow think it looks good. Lol!

Whilst I agree with people potentially toning down some of their 'anger' (it is a car after all), I don't agree with your second statement. He posted on a forum, which in turn is asking for opinion. You should be able to post your opinion whether it is good or bad.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the bra, but it's his car so he can do as he pleases. People don't like some of the white bits on my car, but you don't see me crying into my cornflakes over it.
Exactly this!

If it were "please only post positive comments" this place would probably close down within a week. I'm sure the OP will realise the error of his ways with that god awful bonnet bra soon & think "why the f**k did I buy that?" It's only a matter of time.

I'm off to sing Kumbaya.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
All feedback should be seen as good feedback! That's the best way to take feedback...

My feedback is::

Loose the bra!! It makes a tit of you!!
Take more pictures of your car. You have a lovely looking motor there, once you've lost the bra and sticker (IMO)
Learn what you're writing before you put it... OEM+ is not something in the thread as yet! regardless of the progress thread so far, if you have plans then it may have been a good idea to say that in the original post...

Any yes, CS can be full of c***s, but it's c***s like us that make simple pricks like you stand to attention lmfao ;)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Nice welcome to a newbie you bunch of c***s. He probably wont be back