ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My old car is for sale - How do I buy it back?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You only mentioned it yesterday as well.

Isnt it a bit high price wise? I'm not sure how it works with the old exchange rate.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
£3200 which is about what I sold it for last year.

Only car I have ever truly enjoyed owning so I need it back.

I just need to ring DVLA regarding re-registering it here and if I get my plate back. If it's not too costly it'll be coming home!

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Are you recognising it from those photos? (or are they your photos?)

If so, good effort! What's the story and how did you find it?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
History matches mine, photo's match too.

I've been watching the belgium ebay and autotrader for a while now.

I had the chance to buy it back earlier this year, I spent too much time bartering on price that I lost the sale to a belgium :(

It's a shame I couldn't contact him before he spent all the money he has registering it, I asked the girl who had it but she wasn't interested in sharing details :(

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Fair enough. Google translate popped up in Dutch (maybe it doesn't recognise Flemish (sp?)). Thought I may be able to help as I work with a dutch guy who could ring for you and translate, but clearly no help if it's in Belgium.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Wouldn't it be a lot lot cheaper to just buy an equivalent car from over here? It's a lot of money for nostalgia.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've no idea with languages, I've emailed him in English so hope he understands.

Who's that Laura?

It is Richard, but if I got it back it would stay with me until I died lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand you wanting it back but at least you can buy another! :)

Don

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Would never be as good as when you first owned it. Just like an ex girlfriend...may still look the same, but because you cant account for its history since its been away from you...wouldnt make it as special as when you were first there...nostalgia is nice...but costs in the end. Nice sentiment...but very tainted...

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've no idea with languages, I've emailed him in English so hope he understands.

Who's that Laura?

It is Richard, but if I got it back it would stay with me until I died lol

Awwww!

Bugger what everyone says. Just get it back. You only live once!! :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It's a shame they are worth a premium in Europe, costs will play a part.

I have looked at flights and trains and I reckon I can get it home for under £150 inc fuel and ferry.

I need to look into registering it though, I've been doing some googling, and since it has been registered in belgium it is classed as a permanent export which might make it too expensive to bring home after all, I'll ring them tomorrow to find out.

I would like it back, I don't think it's done many miles since I last had it tbh as the guy I sold it to never really used it so it became a runabout for his sister. It's only been in Belgium 5 months at most.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  330ci, 850R, eunos
£3200 isn't crazy over the odds for a tidy (assuming it's a tidy one?) 182 though is it? I've seen a number of 182's for sale for around the £4k mark lately (albeit lowish miles), although no doubt they are not selling.

Jenic - out of interest, what is it you prefer about your old 182 over your current Trophy?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've decided not to go for it.

The seller won't drop much below his asking price which is overpriced tbh.

It's a 100k+ mile car (although it has lost 6k somewhere looking at the MOTs, I'm guessing the clocks broke after I sold it), it needs 2 new tyres, a wheel refurb, an arch liner and a cambelt next year.

For the continent it's priced about right, but for the UK market it's about £1k over what it's worth.

I made a fair offer of €3400 but the seller wasn't interested :(

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio RS
it's a shame

you wouldn't have to email him in dutch or flemish but in french. it's the french part off our country :wink:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been in contact with the seller as he speaks english.

If you really wanted it back you'd pay what the seller wanted.

Probably for the best anyway, as others have said, some memories are best left as memories

I know, but it just screams stupid that by the time I have it home, tidied up, and specced to how I had it, I've no change left from the trophy and I have a less desirable car with more than twice the miles on it and an upcoming cambelt change.

Last night i was proper excited for it, now I've slept on it head rules heart :(