ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My old Clio written off?

Westfield, 182, 200
Looked at some insurance quotes and thought I'd put the reg of my old 182 in that I sold 12 months ago.
Insurance company didn't recognise the reg so tried to see if it was taxed and got the same result.
Anywhere else I can check? :(

Renault Clio182 bean
Looked at some insurance quotes and thought I'd put the reg of my old 182 in that I sold 12 months ago.
Insurance company didn't recognise the reg so tried to see if it was taxed and got the same result.
Anywhere else I can check? :(

I had the same issue with my old beloved Citroen Saxo, its now Sorn apparently. The only way you will know all the details would be to HPI check your old reg, that would tell you if its a write off or scrapped, but its will cost you to find out ;).

Westfield, 182, 200
Thought about hpi, but yeah too pricey!
It was one of those wish I hadn't sold it cars.

Renault Clio182 bean
I totally get what you mean, sickens you to think its being ragged and abused or written off.
If I had more storage space I wouldn't have sold my Saxo, had a fair bit done to it aswell (engine wise) .
Would have kept it for a permanent track car then.

clio 182 black /gold
The car could have had a private plate on it? My cars original plates have gone when i have put my private plate on.

Westfield, 182, 200
Could be on a private plate.
Can't try and tax it as I don't have enough details.
Think the only way to find out is to do a HPI or similar.
It was due a Cambelt October !

clio 182 black /gold
Could be on a private plate.
Can't try and tax it as I don't have enough details.
Think the only way to find out is to do a HPI or similar.
It was due a Cambelt October !
All you need to know is the make. I.E Renault and the old reg plate. If its not on a private it will tell you the date of liability.
Vehicle enquiry will tell you this.
My old Fiat 127.
[h=1]Vehicle enquiry[/h]
The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for XCK 188Y are:
Date of Liability01 02 1994
Date of First Registration26 10 1982
Year of Manufacture1982
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1300cc
CO₂ EmissionsNot Available
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusUnlicensed