ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My other daily, with a touch of the Mike Brewers about it ;)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Took a quick pic of the beading last night with the flash on!

151e34f6.jpg

And went bought new plates, with the fittings it came to £14

Before

2b3cf445.jpg

Side by side

205b19af.jpg

And the new one fitted

a24ab5fb.jpg

And yes it was getting quite dark! But I persevered!

The front wasn't so bad but it wouldn't match and it would bug me, even though I'll be selling it soon

2f5dba0b.jpg

And I've yet to find a car that doesn't look better without a front plate

541d4151.jpg

And finally, in basically pitch black conditions I got the front one on

af87939f.jpg

Better pics to follow tomorrow, which will probably be the for sale pics

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Saab is sold :) to my dad! Taking his rover in part ex :( but that'll be up for sale asap

Last pics for now, parked outside work so a terrible location!

64de0ff0.jpg

c4cc6932.jpg

bd870d2d.jpg

Ill put some rover pics in here when I get it later on

John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I'd really started to like it actually, swapped it for the rover today and it's some come down!

Last 2 pics of the Saab, just interior ones

b28975a8.jpg

c8b45cc2.jpg

And now for the rover. Sigh.

1f9dc438.jpg

bd29aaa8.jpg

99dcdcca.jpg

abdad498.jpg

aa2eb368.jpg

Dont need to get so many parts for this but gonna see when it last had an oil change etc and may or may not do all that jazz.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
John, where did your love of cars come from? It certainly wasn't from your Dad! lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So I cleaned out the rover fail16 today. Figured if I was using it till it sold I didn't want to catch anything from it!

Firstly I filled one of those charity bags that come through the door with the rubbish

b3fb3bc1.jpg

And then cleaned the glass and plastics. Whilst doing this I noticed the glue that had held on a confederate flag when he got it was still there. At least the badge wasn't!

75cf0a78.jpg

Its lifted a bit of the varnish of the genuine plastic walnut but am I f**k replacing that!

c68d4b1d.jpg

So then cracked out the Hoover, ag shampoo and the stiff brush and got cracking, slowly and without motivation, knowing the best I'd end with was grey velour, grey plastic and plastic wood

462dc1d9.jpg

Turned it into

71122226.jpg

And

1f28f72f.jpg

When I got it yesterday my dad told me to not hang about getting home, why's that I asked? Because neither headlight bulb works!! For actual f***s sake. So that's a fiver been put into it, hopefully won't be much more!

Was thinking of putting it up between £450-£500 thoughts?

Cheers
John

Clio
Try your luck at 495 whats the mot and tax miles ?

Carnt believe the headlights full beam or side lights all the way home haa

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Thankfully it was still light enough to get away with sidelights!

MOT till start of May, tax till end of june and 75k. Getting another mot shouldnt be much of a hassle I think so could up it to 12 months but then it is another £50 away.

Clio
Fresh mot will help sell a rover that old

The Way people look at is they will get 12 months use and scrap it for 200 quid if it fails

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah fair point. The saab grew on me and I think would've sold quite easily but this? This thing?! Needs to be someone who just doesnt care about cars. And its a decent example of one, why anyone bought one new is beyond me!

Clio
Not a bad little run you had there something to do ain't it

You nearly got me started but I bought a new z750 instead for the summer

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So after 18 months my Dad managed to comprehensively kill it.

He ran it out of diesel at least 3 times, drove around with under-inflated bald tyres until they popped, the space saver must've done thousands of miles and the oil only got topped up if I had it for some reason.

What really did it though is that he doesn't slow down for speedbumps. This eventually caused one of steering rack mounts to fail. Well when I say fail I mean fucked the bulkhead. So there was 90 degrees of steering wheel movement when driving. That was interesting for sure. He still drove it around like that for a bit which annoyed me but then he got pulled over. Mostly because the rear plate had fallen off on a hot day and he threw it in the boot. He was very lucky that he only got done for the tax disc not being on display. He could easily have had 3-6 points for his tyres.

Anyway it really wasn't worth fixing so it was time for it to go :(

null_zps304af7c1.jpg

null_zpsc97a69fd.png

null_zps2e1948bd.png

null_zps25fe7ddc.jpg

null_zps503a5c3d.jpg

null_zps4d447859.jpg