ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Petrol Blue 182

Petrol Blue Clio 182
Here's a few pics of my Petrol Blue Clio 182.

Sorry its a little dirty :(... havent had the time to clean it recently :(

Anyway i'll gets some pics of it when its clean as soon as possible.

Hope you like it.

30072011148-1.jpg

30072011147-1.jpg

30072011149-1.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

hmmmmm maybe they are a little large, should I make them smaller? :p

Petrol Blue Clio 182
Thanks alot :)

I seriously can't remember what the springs are to be honest, ill have to go find the receipt :)... however I THINK they might be spax 40mm.

Titanium 182
Looks good whatever they are. My Apex 40's are getting fitted this week. Hope it sits like that!

Petrol Blue Clio 182
I think there were 29 of them, the colour was an £1150 option if i'm not mistaken. Mine also has both cup packs and 6 CD changer (which in the 8 months of owning have never even seen, haha) so whoever bought it must have had a nice deep wallet for a little car like this :D

Pretty sure I got an absolute steal when i bought it :p

Petrol Blue Clio 182
Toyo r1r's I think!

Anyway lovely colour, I've had one the same colour pop up where I work! Jealous!

You are correct :) They are Toyo R1Rs

They are amazing, however Ive only had them a month and after getting loads of understeer at start, have begun to realise they are very sensitive to tyre pressure. Reduced them from 32/31 to 30/29 and it now oversteers beautifully and can get it drifting round roundabouts :p.... just need some coilovers now!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love the colour, purely because its so rare and exclusive

Look forward to some clean pics :)

TT 225+

They are amazing, however Ive only had them a month and after getting loads of understeer at start, have begun to realise they are very sensitive to tyre pressure. Reduced them from 32/31 to 30/29 and it now oversteers beautifully and can get it drifting round roundabouts :p.... just need some coilovers now!

Lol how sad am I that I know that just from the tread pattern! I don't think having a 1.2 really warrants r1r's for me lol. Lovely car though mate :)

What are the Toyo's like compared to other tyres you have used? I understand they are more a track day based tyre so do they take a while to get up to temp and are they any good in wet conditions?

Oh and nice car btw!

Petrol Blue Clio 182
What are the Toyo's like compared to other tyres you have used? I understand they are more a track day based tyre so do they take a while to get up to temp and are they any good in wet conditions?

Oh and nice car btw!

Previously I have used, Pilot Exaltos and some absolute cheap SH1T ( I was made redundant and got a shard of glass in one of my fronts and the other was leaking).

The Pilot Exaltos I found were pretty awesome tbh but they seemed to understeer on the edge and squeel.

The cheap s**t scared the s**t out of me in the wet, they seriously didn't go round corners at all in the wet, and in the dry they were barely any better.

The R1Rs have been amazing so far, they take no time at all to warm up to be honest and in the wet they grip really really well.
They are quieter than the exaltos (Yes I was confused), made the car feel much more stable. The car feels so planted when going fast gives so much confidence. The only negative i've found so far is that under hard braking the rear squirms on the tread blocks I think, but as people have said before on other forums all they need is to have the tread worn down a bit. Also they have totally shown up my pretty standard suspension setup, need some coilovers :D
Also when accelerating from standstill, they grip soooo much, don't think I've got wheel spin at all since I've had them!

Tyre wear - They are soft, REALLY soft, however I've had them 4 weeks, the rears still have the injection moulding nipple things on them. On the front the tread blocks are rounding off. I think this is normal? Bit scary though because bits of rubber fall off the tread block edges like a pencil rubber. The tread depth however doesn't seemed to have changed at all, and I drive pretty hard quite often :)

Thanks for all the replies guys, made me really want to get out there and clean the girl! :D

Thanks for the Toyo feedback. Good to hear that they are super grippy and worth the retail price. How does the wet and dry performance compare to the Pilot Exaltos?