ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ph1 1.2 what colour scheme???

1.2 y0!
This is basically the same question as below however this is mine...and advice what would be a good colour to contrast with my car for like badges and stuff like that?

Also peoples opinions on the wheels, there no BBS or OZ's but there 1.8 rsi wheels, mk1 and they were £35 off the bay.

Constructive critisism and advice appreciated heard you lot were a friendly bunch? :rasp:
mycar1.jpg

1.2 y0!
I was thinking colour code, clear repeaters, drop 40mm on springs? cant afford coilies as im in the prosses of trying to make it as a proffesional cyclist and all my money goes on bloody fuel talking me all over the country!! put some 10mm spacers all around since this photo was taken but my old man is dead tight with me changing anything from standard cause 'if by changing anything like the ride height improved the car dont you think renault would have done that when they made it?' lol
Keep the comments comming!! thanks alot! thaught i was just gonna get slated as this is my first post! lol :eek:

Jap Box
Colour code, clear/smoked repeaters, spray badges, drop(if insurance allowing)

Id also get some sport optic lights, PH2 rears.

If feeling adventurous I also think the alloys might look good in gold, as your colour is like the MK1 Williams, so if doing the wheels gold id do the badges and diamond gold too. Then colour code the strips blue with gold bullets. Might be onto a winner with that mix but id ask for other opinions first :rasp:

Also remove the strips and the sunstrip as they look s**te.

EDIT: Dynamique spoiler would also be a cheap good mod :)

Jap Box
Ohh also forgot, get some aero wiper blades :) they work better and look better too. Ive got some cheap Tesco flat blades and they do a great job.

1.2 y0!
whats the general opinion on choppers, i.e. taking angle grinder to springs? seen a couple of people that have done it and taken their shox out and they f***in bounce all over the place! what if you just cut them like a coil heat up the end and bend it back around and leave the shox in, same effect as sport springs, smaller spring??? not sure if its just stupid and dangerous though??

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
This is basically the same question as below however this is mine...and advice what would be a good colour to contrast with my car for like badges and stuff like that?
Also peoples opinions on the wheels, there no BBS or OZ's but there 1.8 rsi wheels, mk1 and they were £35 off the bay.
Constructive critisism and advice appreciated heard you lot were a friendly bunch? :rasp:

Wheels are different to the norm on a mk2 ! Might look a lot better clean (and low, and de-sticker'd.) For goodness sake, you know it's a Clio, I know it's a Clio. why the tw*tstrip ? It's not a touring car. :rasp:

I was thinking colour code, clear repeaters, drop 40mm on springs? put some 10mm spacers all around since this photo was taken but my old man is dead tight with me changing anything from standard cause 'if by changing anything like the ride height improved the car dont you think renault would have done that when they made it?'

Why did you put spacers on without lowering it ?! Lowering looks better (without being sump-scrapingly low) and lowers the C of G, yada yada *insert physics lesson here*.

whats the general opinion on choppers, i.e. taking angle grinder to springs? seen a couple of people that have done it and taken their shox out and they f***in bounce all over the place! what if you just cut them like a coil heat up the end and bend it back around and leave the shox in, same effect as sport springs, smaller spring??? not sure if its just stupid and dangerous though??

I'd rather have a primed hand grenade in my pocket whilst doing star jumps, than cut springs. Sportlines/Prolines are <£150 anyway for a set of 4.

1.2 y0!
when i baught the wheels i was lead to believe they are standard on the mark 1 1.8 rsi?? and bout 40mm lows i reccon??

with regards to the 'tw*tstrip' lol i was buzzing about it at christmas cause i was going to try and go for touring car look, but im having 2nd thaughts! lol not sure what direction i wanna go.

the spacers...i want to get everything sorted so when it goes on lows ill have the stance sorted...i think

choppers, thats a deffinate no then lol thaught as much pikey chavs way out :rasp:

yes the wheels are from a mk1 rsi.. urs is a mk2.

Get rid of the sunstrip and any other stickers... colour code and drop it as low as it will go... ph2 rear lights and a nice front splitter and your crackin :)
If you wana spend a bit more then a ph2 172 rear bumper and ph1 172 front with wings n skirts... sorted

1.2 y0!
funny you should say that, i was bidding on a 172 sport rear bumper the other night but had to go out and lost it! only went for £30ish GUTTED!!! :banghead: how much should i be looking to pay for a 172 front bumper, they go for a futune on the bay? thanks for all the help!

Not a clue tbh mate your better off shopping around or looking for breakers. But 30quid for a rear sounds like a steal... shame ya missed it!

Jap Box
http://www.skodaparts.com/product/front-bumper-splitter-spoiler-fabia-2007-2011-33930 ?????

how would i go about colour coding sidestrips are they not susseptable to the 'orange peel' effect if not dont proffesionally??

I did mine myself and theyve been good for 4 months now, just the ones faded slightly because I didnt put enough layers on there.

Pay the £12 to become a member and theres a great guide made up.

You basically sand it down to remove all bumps etc, prime, spray, then laquer.

Leaving adequite time between each coat and then leave the laquer overnight/24hours to set. I left mine for about 16 hours and it was fine the morning after :)

Jap Box
Skoda splitter gonna be ordered when i get back and join members :D

Good choice.

Im getting in some other clio parts today as im off stripping some cars, ill have a Dynamique spoiler in I assume too if your interested in that?

1.2 y0!
yea what sort of price you looking for, and where in south wales are you? i drive to newport every week to get to the velodrome could possibly pick up on thursday??

Jap Box
yea what sort of price you looking for, and where in south wales are you? i drive to newport every week to get to the velodrome could possibly pick up on thursday??

Was raining today so I couldnt be arsed to go strip anything off the cars, I should be doing this week though. £25 for it I think is fair?

Im at Carmarthen myself but Merthyr Tydfil sometimes, not sure if thats easy for you?

1.2 y0!
Whens the next time you will be in merthyr tydfil as that is sort of on my way back, and closer to me so i could run down on a weekend or something?
£25 sounds great i will deffo have it off you, just a case of when and where. :)

Jap Box
Whens the next time you will be in merthyr tydfil as that is sort of on my way back, and closer to me so i could run down on a weekend or something?
£25 sounds great i will deffo have it off you, just a case of when and where. :)

Probably wont be there now for a good month I dont think. I can organize postage though if that helps?