ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Phase 1 V6 with Recaro Pole Position fitted.

I cleaned my car last weekend and headed up on to Exmoor to take a few pictures now that I have fitted a set of Recaro Pole Position seats with custom lower side mounts. The new driving position makes a huge positive difference to the way car feels to drive, they also offer much more support and as such are far more comfortable than the standard seats on long journey's.

A few pictures from up on the moor first, followed by two pictures of the interior I took down in Lynmouth. The long term plan is to have the seats re-trimmed to better match the Phase 1 interior but that will be a job for next year I think.
Also the big TWR sticker on the rear window may divide opinion but it is an original TWR sticker produced for them about 15 years or so ago that I found on eBay and thought I would put on the car for a few local car shows this summer, after that it will likely be removed.

11bt3zq.png

15x93sy.png

5pmp3q.png

15duu6h.png

1zmgug9.png

120jgub.jpg

2uqy5vr.jpg

An orange one
Welcome to the Pole Position Club!

Your V6 looks a peach, love that you've kept it oem even the orange side repeaters, although I maybe spy an aftermarket exhaust???

Epic seats!!

Thank you!

Welcome to the Pole Position Club!

Your V6 looks a peach, love that you've kept it oem even the orange side repeaters, although I maybe spy an aftermarket exhaust???

Thanks. I like the orange side repeaters, they suit the car in my opinion. Your correct in your observation about the exhaust, it's fitted with a Janspeed back box. It also has a BMC Carbon Dynamic Air box and Goodridge braided brake hoses, the exhaust and air box were fitted already when I bought the car in 2011.

Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
Very nice looking Vee you have there mate, really like the seats too.
Something I've always wanted to change but have never gotten round to it.

Ph1 172.
Ahhh the BMC airbox, nothing beats the sound of the passenger window down at 7000rpm, you can actually hear it ripping the air! :smiley:

I bloody loved mine, although I've only ever been in a Vee with one, so I've got no idea what it sounded like as standard.

Ahhh the BMC airbox, nothing beats the sound of the passenger window down at 7000rpm, you can actually hear it ripping the air! :smiley:
I bloody loved mine, although I've only ever been in a Vee with one, so I've got no idea what it sounded like as standard.

It certainly is a great sound, I envy owners of LHD examples who can put their drivers window down and hear it right near them.

One of my favourite seats! Cannot wait to get them in my 182.

They are fantastic, you won't regret fitting them.

Very nice looking Vee you have there mate, really like the seats too.
Something I've always wanted to change but have never gotten round to it.

Thank you, it was something I thought a long time about whether or not to do, but I am so glad I did.

God I love a v6. Amazing machine you have there
Lovely looking car bud.
Thanks for the nice comments!

It looks great, the seats look spot on too. How long have you had the car ?

Thank you, I have owned it since the end of July 2011.