ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Phase II Iceberg 172

Hi all and welcome to my project thread for my phase 2, 172. It's iceberg silver and is 2003. It's sitting with just over 76,000 and is very fit car and in great condition. I got the car last night and the past 2 days have been really fun driving it! Some of you may already know the car and a previous owner has a thread I have linked to below.

phII Iceberg 172 http://www.cliosport.net/index.php?threads/phII-Iceberg-172.535939/

So I got out today and took some pics, it isn't the cleanest with the roads being heavily gritted recently but thought I would get some up.

04df69286a8c266ea28791fcf205f8c8.jpg

e7ebfb26ada524f629a3b399090c0595.jpg

bde8b5cb92a8b2619755eead524b7fea.jpg

a158c7ea7a2ccb557b16e68796425631.jpg

I don't really have many plans for the car at the minute as it is sitting pretty much the way I want it. Today I put LED bulbs into the interior light and fitted my own head unit as it only came with the standard one.

9ae8e65c66ad0737ba383aeb65a75104.jpg

Out tomorrow for some new tyres and an aerial as the one that is on it the black plastic is all stripped away at the base of the whip. At the minute that is the only thing that lets the car down.

I will look forward to getting some knowledge from you all in the future!

I've now had the car a few days and was off today so it was time to sort out a few wee things I wanted to sort.

1st up was interior LED bulbs which was a quick and easy job. Next up was a new antenna as the old one really let down the look of the car. Some new rubber on the front as well and a good wash and chamois!
497ad84ef507d9a35a21e2e9989fcf1e.jpg

10efb3d21039cc63f067c7f33d69a6f5.jpg

20e5ecbca9541ad800a4e58ee818ab6b.jpg

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Spied this on gumtree and thought it looked good :) It's been previously owned by someone on reallymeansounds by the way and going by their members's car thread, really looked after it!
Where you live mate? I'm from Moira direction!

Ok so not much time lately for the car! Though today the other day I finally bit the bullet and bought the resistor pack from Renault for the climate control.

ca467d15aabb3060ee4f82585e3bc3f9.jpg

15 mins later it was switched out! Car got a quick wash and chamois no time for the interior though and it needs a good clean that'll be next time.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Don't get me wrong I used to use one back in the day. Drying towel is much better. Anyway.

Car looks great, like the wheel colour mate, suits the car.

Cheers. The wheels are the only bit of the car that let it down they could do with a refurb. I've my eye out for a different set of "summer" wheels and keep these for the winter but I like the colour myself the new set will def be a similar colour I think!

ok so for the benefit of Imprezaworks I am pleased to announce I have came into the 21st century and now have a drying towel!

Now that's out of the way the only problem I have is that I have no car to use it on! The altenator packed in on the Clio on Monday and its currently in the local dealer to get a new altenator fitted, all being well I will pick it up this evening along woth the new family wagon we bought from the same dealer!

Ok so haven't posted in a while but after the Clio finally being in the garage for over a week I finally got it back with a new alternator, 2 new tyres and very little change from 500 notes! On the plus side the car is back running sweeter than ever!