ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My photoshopped clio :) NOT a request :D

Golf TDI
maybe leave it alone and save for another car , but if you want to have a play with the car then drop the rear loads :)

'91 Clio RT =D
yer, not sure about suspension anymore :S and thanks to the guy saying my car is "s**t" maybe not your style but I like it

Mk1 Clio
Mate lowering on a torsion bar is a piece of cake and safe as can be, took me half an out to do lower n be rolling again, no problem so far n it sits like this

IMG_0704.jpg

DO IT lol!!!

if your thinking of keeping the car for a while i would lower it

i lowered my old mk1 60mm, looked great

oh and bargain car btw

1.8 8v RSi
forget the 5 door haters
lower it 60mm front an back.
your dad thinks lowering rear is unsafe because it rubs arches hard if you hit a big bump. thats because you should ideally buy aftermarket dampers to counter this problem. will firm up the rear to stop body roll and stop your tyres being destroyed on the arches if it happens.

if you get new alloys make sure you only go as wide as a 195tyre with alloys to suit. i found 205 tyre scrubs on 5 doors especially if you have 16 inch alloys and thats at standard height.

Mini Cooper S sport
Don't lower it too much or it will look like your suspension's collapsed. Can't stand cars where you can't see the top of the tyre in the rear arches, looks absolutely f**king ludicrous.

About 2cm between arch and tyre front and back looks spot on - in my opinion of course.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Don't lower it too much or it will look like your suspension's collapsed. Can't stand cars where you can't see the top of the tyre in the rear arches, looks absolutely f**king ludicrous.

About 2cm between arch and tyre front and back looks spot on - in my opinion of course.

nay my 106 was like that in the arch looks ok but aslong as its not in the arch by a daft amount your laughing you could see 3 or 4cm of my tyer with just me in it n then with a passenger about 2cm of the tyer lol

Mini Cooper S sport
^^ my point exactly - one day you'll look back on it and see what I mean.

Lowered is fine, too lowered just looks silly ie: once any part of the tyre is covered by the arch.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lol you should of seen it when it was done 60 on the back, it was just going over the alloy by about 1cm didnt look good n i wasnt happy anyway didnt want it that low but the boffins at the garage thought i wanted it so the sills were level, divs

'91 Clio RT =D
forget the 5 door haters
lower it 60mm front an back.
your dad thinks lowering rear is unsafe because it rubs arches hard if you hit a big bump. thats because you should ideally buy aftermarket dampers to counter this problem. will firm up the rear to stop body roll and stop your tyres being destroyed on the arches if it happens.

if you get new alloys make sure you only go as wide as a 195tyre with alloys to suit. i found 205 tyre scrubs on 5 doors especially if you have 16 inch alloys and thats at standard height.

thanks for the advice man :)

s**t car.
s**t idea.

enough said?

w**ker

Enough said ?

Agree'd :approve:

^^ my point exactly - one day you'll look back on it and see what I mean.

Lowered is fine, too lowered just looks silly ie: once any part of the tyre is covered by the arch.

Yer, I was thinking about 40 max? Maybe about 35

Thanks guys :)