ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Poor Clio....

Lou

Got hit with a motorbike this afternoon..So gutted

Cant even open my back drivers side door and wheel has a hole, alloy knacked.

Pic to follow.

Crap this is the motorbike driver got up started his bike and sped off

Da

Less

bloody hell, bad week for Clios this! :cry: but gutted for ya, did you get his reg number?

He will have no doubt been to the pub like most do on sunny days... Been over the limit and done a runner... Did you manage to see his reg or was it too small?

Astra coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Doigy on 11 June 2005
He will have no doubt been to the pub like most do on sunny days... Been over the limit and done a runner... Did you manage to see his reg or was it too small?

thats a bit of a stereotype as most bikers are alright. Yes you do get the odd nob head that drinks and rides but as you do in a car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

this week is cursed with t*ssers and clios.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<:mad:

sorry to hear about it.

--chris

A well built VW

Typical CS reply "Thatll T-Cut out love !"

Not too bad but still a bummer when you have to pay to fix someone elses mess

A silver Honda

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 11 June 2005
bloody hell, bad week for Clios this!

Seconded.

Gutting:cry:

Lou

Yeah i cant believe how gutted i actually am over the whole thing.

Just waiting on police contacting me to say if the guy reported the accident, if not its gonna have to go down as a hit and run which will hopefully help me while having to claim from my insurance.

Quote: Originally posted by The Big Yin on 12 June 2005
Typical CS reply "Thatll T-Cut out love !"

suprised the new comment hasnt become "thatl porter cable out" :p

bad luck louise, sadly, it happens all too often now

you get any of their details?

Lou

I only got the start of his reg plate, was in shock and wasnt thinking straight.

Police have his wing mirror as evidence though.

Octavia VRS

Sorry to hear this Louise, hope you get the t**ser to pay up if the police get him

I rememebr when it happened to you Mikey boy

Lou

Things have just got worse, phoned my insurance company for them to tell me that if its getting classed as a hit and run ive got a £400 excess to pay along with losing my NCB and my premium shooting up.

Just did a dummy quote online, my insurance practically doubles...

thats sh*t. dont go thru insurance. i know the damage will probly cost a few hundred but thats better than getting toasted by insurance.

Then if the guy is caught he will be forced to pay u compensation.

LY182/NHB CTR

so sorry to hear your news... Im too scared to take my clio out now after reading the boards

I really hope the police can find something with the part reg plate taken too...

all the best

Lou

Spoke to the police tonight and the person didnt report it within 24hrs so looks like im going to be forking out

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Louise_Clio on 13 June 2005

I only got the start of his reg plate, was in shock and wasnt thinking straight.

Police have his wing mirror as evidence though.
Always a useful thing to have! Gutted tho, Truely has been a sh*t month for clios so many crash, bangs and write offs...

LY182/NHB CTR

if you have some of the reg and you know the make and model there is a good chance the car can be traced

ask them if they have carried out a VODs check

Lou

I dont know the make unfortunately, waiting on police contacting me to see if they have found it.

Got first quote today - £2000

New door, 1/4 panel and alloy!

Lou

Yeah still got the standard alloys, checked eBay, they only to be selling them x 4 at the moment but keeping my eyes peeled!

Getting quote from Arnold Clark on Monday, its taking ages cause im constantly having to pester the police to see if they have got the other guy yet!

Took the car out for the 1st time yesterday since it happened and felt so embarrassed at everyone staring! :oops: