ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Punto GT

Punto GT
as requested by 197gaz...

pics with multispoke wheels are most recent.

SDC11492-1.jpg

DSC00695-1.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

My half rusted rat bonnet

DSCF6840.jpg

where the magic happens

DSC00694.jpg

My 1st GT

DSC01192-1.jpg

thanks for looking

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ah the Scorpion system. I had a dcatted Magnex to start with, pops bangs and gurgles, but too hard core after a year or so. Go the Scorpion, but hated that pipe. So i got the rear box chopped out and a tailpipe hidden under the bumper, stealth stylee.

ibiza cupra
couple of my mates have got these. rapid lil` cars. the one of them is half way through putting the 2.0 16v turbo engine in from a coupe so thats gona fly when its done.
think there is a pic of you and the yellow gt in the latest fast car mag. you been on any cruses lately?

Punto GT
my 1st one was standard other than 60mm drop, dump valve, k&n & an exhaust...sold that on with a blown gearbox!

but i do miss my black one.

kevin, yep...that was me & my mate in fast car @ the chelsea cruise

cheers for the comments guys

Punto GT
wow, back in the day when they were fairly fresh lol

have you tried looking for it?

theres a website to check if it has tax or something...cant remember the name of it tho.

172 Cup
Oh the Punto GT's i love them, and i still miss mine now!

GTPics003.jpg

Rusty010.jpg

Rusty004.jpg

Absolutely mint and standard apart from the Baileys DV26 dump valve!!

I think they came with some of the most awfulest wheels to ever some on a car tbh. Apart from the wheels (and build quality) they were nice little hot hatches.

I like the black one the best as it looks pretty stealth:)

- grumpy one, do you live round south harrow by chance ?

RB 182 FF
Here is a couple of pics of mine. Loved it, mine was running 166bhp when I sold it. Sorry if they are a bit big :S

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00304.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
cat171;[B said:
5383886]I think they came with some of the most awfulest wheels to ever some on a car tbh. Apart from the wheels (and build quality) they were nice little hot hatches.

I like the black one the best as it looks pretty stealth:)

- grumpy one, do you live round south harrow by chance ?

How dare thee!!! The wheels are the best thing about them!!!

000_0012-1.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

Did have a set of 16" Super Leggras in Anthricite, but went back to standard as it went better imo (Crap pic alert!!)

puntogt001.jpg

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bloody loved it i did!!! I'm gonna steer DarrenS to this thread!!!

Mondeo TDCI 130
That car was feckin awesome!!! So many mint memories in that era!! Tim laden making the scooby pop and you give it a boot full and it spit hte biggest flame ever! awesome!!

SQ5
Nice, I loved mine, one of the best cars I've ever owned! Was a proper stealth...

29072007018.jpg

29072007015.jpg

29072007012.jpg

29072007009.jpg

Only photo's I have of it too. Had it a year and took loads but computer got wiped before I backed them up. Would definitely have another one as an everyday/drag car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That car was feckin awesome!!! So many mint memories in that era!! Tim laden making the scooby pop and you give it a boot full and it spit hte biggest flame ever! awesome!!

Decatted Magnex = WIN!!!!

Chasing that Intergrale (sp) and Proctors Focus RS ftw!!!

ph3 dci100 172 rep
i loved mine too but running 167bhp meant it drank like a bugger and got fed up of replacing bit after bit!:(
here she is on here 9x16 borbet a's!

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC002891.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Them bangle lines are warping your sight!!!

Last edited:
  ValverInBits
^^ the starlet things are glanzas. And although ugly (as sin) are a few leagues above puntos.

These puntos, they are not turbo carb like the R5 GTT are they?

Mondeo TDCI 130
People mock then, but gaz's was a good motor, run way over stock power and never had any mechanical issues apart from a clutch go, but that could happy to anything!!!

I can't believe that I don't recognise any of the GT's in this thread (and I used to own Puntosports Club) :(

I miss mine too, was looking in the ad's only the other day, but the other half would go mental and I got rid of mine to buy a Valver a long while ago.

Had the most wonderful burble with a no silencer, no cat side exit and a seb. Late summer's eve, cool air and plenty of flames :)

(as for a 'few leagues above a punto', I can't ever recall having a problem getting away from a Glanza? Santa Pod I was running late 14's with 160 odd bhp and 190 odd lb/ft and surprised many a 'faster' car).

James.

Last edited:
I can't believe that I don't recognise any of the GT's in this thread (and I used to own Puntosports Club) :(

I miss mine too, was looking in the ad's only the other day, but the other half would go mental and I got rid of mine to buy a Valver a long while ago.

Had the most wonderful burble with a no silencer, no cat side exit and a seb. Late summer's eve, cool air and plenty of flames :)

(as for a 'few leagues above a punto', I can't ever recall having a problem getting away from a Glanza? Santa Pod I was running late 14's with 160 odd bhp and 190 odd lb/ft and surprised many a 'faster' car).

James.

Didn't you hit a dog in yours lol

Didn't you hit a dog in yours lol

Yeah, on the M1 in the pissing rain late one night. I had my other half and her mother in the car and it was quite possibly the most epic (read: lucky) bit of driving I've ever done. Gutting to hit the dog, truly gutting as I love dogs, but thank god we're alive.

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Was drawn by the thread title. I'll pic ***** in a sec. Was 207 before the new bits.

i remember the thread on PSC when you were breaking it everyone was swarming round like flies to sh*t!lol

twas such a shame it died!:(

surely if it was 207 before the last mods it must've been up near the 230mark!?
did you ever even get a chance to boot it?