ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Punto GT

I remember reading about it on psc ages ago.

My old car has withnail's old wheels on it. Withnail and J a m e s, what legends.

ValverInBits
(as for a 'few leagues above a punto', I can't ever recall having a problem getting away from a Glanza? Santa Pod I was running late 14's with 160 odd bhp and 190 odd lb/ft and surprised many a 'faster' car).
James.

With the cheap as chips TD04 kits available for glanzas these days, glanzas are easier to tune to a better spec IMO. Even so, glanzas are not about straight line speed. The grip that can be had through the twisties is something else.
As fun as a punto sounds....I've been in one cornering at speed and they just arent a match

i remember the thread on PSC when you were breaking it everyone was swarming round like flies to sh*t!lol

twas such a shame it died!:(

surely if it was 207 before the last mods it must've been up near the 230mark!?
did you ever even get a chance to boot it?

Yeh mate, it was rapid! Really smooth power with the tubular manifold. Paddle clutch was ruff tho!!

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Yeh mate, it was rapid! Really smooth power with the tubular manifold. Paddle clutch was ruff tho!!

sounds sad but i used to wish i could go in one with the spec yours had cos i always thought they were quick as a full seb2 set up so your spec must've been bloody awsome! :D

062.jpg
050-1.jpg

112.jpg

30072007029.jpg

12082007056-1.jpg

02112007254.jpg

213354-vi.jpg

You get the idea :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Aw - not again! It takes me weeks to get over the PGGT pangs when I see these threads!

Loved mine - had it 6.5 years with little wrong with it - apart from an unhealthy appetite for alternators as it was on its fourth when I sold it at 72k.

A few pics to hand....

DSCF0005.jpg

P1010072.jpg

The 17" Momo's improved the motorway cruising dramatically, but destroyed the acceleration of the little bugger. The standard 14's were a stroke of genius imo - in an age where the larger alloy was (and still is) king - it was good to see that the design team kept to small ones.

Sold them to a lad at the Trafford Centre out the boot of a Celica (just visible behind the boot in the first pic - lol) - but I really should have kept them.

Epic little motor - had a cat-back pipe that was exactly that - a pipe with nothing else. Sounded good with the DV26 valve on it, but was awesome with the DV30 on it - poptastic! ;) I'm amazed that the DV** dump valves are still going for the same price I paid nearly ten years ago.

D.

r5gtt/ renault traffic
Not bad, I'd still rather a r5 gtt over a Fiat gtt anyday of the week, they just don't look aggresive enough. Only my opinion, I'm sure they go like s**t off a shiny shovel