ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY R53 Mini JCW GP

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Haven't posted in a while. I bought this last year having owned a Clio 172 cup for about 4 years. The longest I've owned any car for. I loved the Clio. I initially bought it as a run around but ended up putting a small fortune on it getting it to where I wanted it and loved it. Never gave me an ounce of trouble but a friend of mine bought a GP mini and after driving it I really wanted one.
Last year I picked this example up in the UK with 30k miles on the clock. There's only a couple I know of in Ireland so i had to go to the UK to find one for sale.
I know they are a bit of a marmite car but I think they are now being appreciated more and more with the way newer hot hatches are being made. This is a proper old school hatch. Not as raw as the cup by any means but still raw compared alot of the newer stuff.
Took me a little while to get used to it after getting out of the Clio. Being supercharged, the power delivery was never going to be the same. Takes a little bit more to get the GP going but once up to speed it's immense fun. You can carry so much speed in it.
I have the car about 11 months now and it currently sits at 35k miles. I had it off the road for the winter so the mileage is staying relatively low as a result .
The car is completely standard. Only thing I've done since buying is service it and ditch the runflat tyres (best thing you can do)
Anyway here's a few pics...

20160723_164641.jpg

20160727_201058.jpg

20160902_100527.jpg

20170412_114558.jpg

20170510_132828.jpg

20170510_111230_1.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Nice! I had one about 3 years ago. I really really like them!

e50821978891b5a216ecad2e7fa01b12.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I loved mine too. It only had 30k on it when I owned it last year.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
@Smiffyboy1990 I agree 're the seats. Would love pole positions but haven't got the cash for them at the moment. Would want to keep the standard seats too if I bought a pair. As for the brakes, I find the standard brakes adequate for the road but I do like the appearance if the larger r56 brakes.

Clio 172 cup + 325ci
Cheers guys. Those jcw recaro's are awesome. I think I will own another clio rs at some stage. The GP is immense on the right roads but the Clio was probably more fun on a quick blast around town. I'm thinking of getting a janspeed manifold and decat for it down the line just to give it a bit more noise. They are quite quiet in standard from.