ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Racing Blue 182 Cup

Megane RS250
ah nice, yeah ive seen some of the pics too, fiiiiiiiiields of clios :p where is it hosted?
Sounds great mate. Tend to work 16 hour shifts at work so if i don't reply that would be why lol.

Yeah ill be doing it in the next few days i think, hoping theres a good few guides on some nice asthetic touches i can do, like de-badge, blacken the diamonds etc :) probably sounds simple enough to you but, i'm boggled, wouldnt risk ruining anything cause i tend to do alot of that lol. plus.... this pissing rain..... :dead:

Mate, I'm in the same boat, first car I've done all this to. So I you like.. I you get a day where you need to do a few things, or even just a detailing day (I tend to have a lot of these cause I get OCD over clean cars) bring her over and we'll have a tinker, or I can just show you ect.
I still have quite a few things left to do like;
•Interior full LED dash conversion
•Remove the air con (far to heavy and no need for this country)
•Refurb the allots
•Raise the coilovers ect ect, the list goes on

1.2 16v
Mate, I'm in the same boat, first car I've done all this to. So I you like.. I you get a day where you need to do a few things, or even just a detailing day (I tend to have a lot of these cause I get OCD over clean cars) bring her over and we'll have a tinker, or I can just show you ect.
I still have quite a few things left to do like;
•Interior full LED dash conversion
•Remove the air con (far to heavy and no need for this country)
•Refurb the allots
•Raise the coilovers ect ect, the list goes on

ha nice, by full dash LED, you mean the dials, Buttons etc..? nice list you got like!
im the same cleaning the car mind. Might just do that, better having two pairs of hands than one eh! will have to sort a day out which aint wet. Need any help gimmie a shout an ill come for that tinker!

so far my list consists of;
  • Repair my headlights Casing (the clear plastic part has completely corroded, Webbed, turned yellow so not much light looks like it's getting through)
  • Colour Code Bumper Strips
  • Spray Steelies black so my trims look like alloys (Lmfao)
  • Change CD Player (Can't wait for this one)
  • colour code badges black or like a black-grey / Debadge others
  • Better Airfilter/ panelfilter
  • Once Headlights have been fixter (No longer Yellow), Install LED Running lights inside which switch on with the sidelights.
  • Replace Splitter
  • cup Spoiler
  • Sport Grill and cup sideskirts (Dont know if this is possible though)
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaand some front Fog Lights :) that's all i can think of atm. Stupid little stuff i know, Only had it since last friday so it's just the basic stuff. Not really gonna bother beefing up the engine cause i'm just gonna wait till i get a 182/192, apart from filter ofc :) I'll be up there with you guys soon! ha.

Last edited:
  Megane RS250
ha nice, by full dash LED, you mean the dials, Buttons etc..? nice list you got like!
im the same cleaning the car mind. Might just do that, better having two pairs of hands than one eh! will have to sort a day out which aint wet. Need any help gimmie a shout an ill come for that tinker!

so far my list consists of;
  • Repair my headlights Casing (the clear plastic part has completely corroded, Webbed, turned yellow so not much light looks like it's getting through)
  • Colour Code Bumper Strips
  • Spray Steelies black so my trims look like alloys (Lmfao)
  • Change CD Player (Can't wait for this one)
  • colour code badges black or like a black-grey / Debadge others
  • Better Airfilter/ panelfilter
  • Once Headlights have been fixter (No longer Yellow), Install LED Running lights inside which switch on with the sidelights.
  • Replace Splitter
  • cup Spoiler
  • Sport Grill and cup sideskirts (Dont know if this is possible though)
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaand some front Fog Lights :) that's all i can think of atm. Stupid little stuff i know, Only had it since last friday so it's just the basic stuff. Not really gonna bother beefing up the engine cause i'm just gonna wait till i get a 182/192, apart from filter ofc :) I'll be up there with you guys soon! ha.

Yeah, dials and dash lights.

Get yourself some detailing materials, i can make some suggestions for someone just starting out on detailing.

You can get the RS front grille. And the Cup sideskirts are just standard 182. Also good call with the engine cause theres no noticeable performance difference you can do with the likes of 1.2 ect.

What i suggest you do depends on how long youre going to keep the 1.2 for..

1.2 16v
Yeah I've got a small collection of detailing materials at the mo, need a bit more though. Ah nice, so do you think if get the side skirts they'd fit on ok?

Yeah no engine parts for me apart from the filter with I'd like to get for a little more of a 'grunt' like sound. She'll be here for a few years yet so I'll be doing what I can style wise, but nothing OTT just would like to new it up a bit.

Any tips on detailing would be great.

Megane RS250
Yeah I've got a small collection of detailing materials at the mo, need a bit more though. Ah nice, so do you think if get the side skirts they'd fit on ok?

Yeah no engine parts for me apart from the filter with I'd like to get for a little more of a 'grunt' like sound. She'll be here for a few years yet so I'll be doing what I can style wise, but nothing OTT just would like to new it up a bit.

Any tips on detailing would be great.

If youre going to do the skirts, and tend on keeping the car for a few year, i would look into a 182 body kit as the skirts would stick out.
Look into some springs and get it lowered.

Have a look on the forum for 'non sports' and see what inspiration they give you. Never know what you might find.

And detailing, i use alot of Auto Glym products.. everyone will tell you to use what they use so just try this and that and see what you prefer. Just stay away from Auto car washes and them valeting places dotted around everywhere.

1.2 16v
Ah right yeah, so front and back bumpers too it is then. I'd like to get something to cover that part that just looks like a metal railing on the side lol.

Yeah spotted a couple on here already, just need this rain to stop now an I'd be out :)

Sorry, kinda hijacked your thread here haha.

Lush clio tho!

Megane RS250
Ah right yeah, so front and back bumpers too it is then. I'd like to get something to cover that part that just looks like a metal railing on the side lol.

Yeah spotted a couple on here already, just need this rain to stop now an I'd be out :)

Sorry, kinda hijacked your thread here haha.

Lush clio tho!

Its fine buddy, all here to help each.

Weathers meant to be tones better tomorrow.

1.2 16v
Decided I'll be putting it all in A project thread, obviously a slow one at this rate... Just need some decent pics! Is Durham flooded do you know??

Clio 1.2 8v
My Racing Blue babe..

8f8f0ea4.gif
Next move should be new coolant tank and brake fluid tank, would finish it right off
still, that's a stunning colour!

Megane RS250
Next move should be new coolant tank and brake fluid tank, would finish it right off
still, that's a stunning colour!

Cheers buddy, Its Powdercoated.. i kind of went wild with it doing the engine mount, gearbox mount, alternator brace, dogbone mount, wishbones and side braces haha

But yeah the coolant and pas tank are next on the engine list. Im thinking on sanding the writing on the outlets.

Always plenty to do

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Make your front wheels perpindicular to the camera. Would be better photos imo. Lovely car though. Height looks spot on too!

Megane RS250
Make your front wheels perpindicular to the camera. Would be better photos imo. Lovely car though. Height looks spot on too!

They were only update photos. Hadn't even been detailed.
Im raising the hight by 10 each end, coilovers keep clicking on full lock