ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my really cool standard stickers!

how do i get rid of them!?!!?!?! driving me mad these go faster stickers,

wots the best way of removing them without leaving orrible marks of where they used to be!

cheers

if they are the internal stickers just peel them off with your fingers then use meths on a cloth to remove the glue

unless you are on about external stickers in which case i have no idea

LY R27

Right, I am a expert at this, as I used to have 106 rallye and I took off all the side strips and replaced them with new ones. Get a hair dryer (dont laugh) and gently heat up the sticker, one heated enough the sticker will peel off. If they is any left over glue, use WD40 (not too much) this will remove the glue. Then wash the whole are with hot water. Bingo!!!!!!!!!! :D

good lad cuppy!

thought it had to do smmin witha hairdryer- its not gonna affect the paintwork at all is it? these hair dryers can blow pretty hot air- i shud no- almost had the nickname red head at primary school with a mishap!!!

finger nails the best tool to peel them off?

il get to work in a min and post up the work later on- will also preview an original mod to the car..!!!

oh yea- can i use white spirit instead of wd40 to get rid of the glue?!!

LY R27

Thanks mate. glad I could be of use.

1). It wont effect you paint work, just dont heat the sticker for to long or hold the hair dryer to close, just a gentle heat will do the trick. My 106 was 7 year old and they came off no bother.

2). Finger nails are best (if you have them) because I found useing sharp objects just causes hastle, especially if you catch the paintwork :eek:

3). White Spirit is fine, just wash off after with hot soapy water. Keep me informed.

Regards

P