ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Saxo VTS track Day Car (RIP)

clio 200 F4Rt
had a few requests for pictures etc, so thought i would put a few up!

Starting life as a brand new 'X' registered VTR, the car took shape over a number of years.

Firstly having the brakes and suspension uprated. Once i was happy with the chassis setup, it was time to extract more power from the engine.

It was decided to junk the original 1.6 8v unit, and repalce it with the 1.6 16v unit from the VTS model. It ran with Peugeot Sport Cup Car cams and ECU for about a year, before investing in a Jenvey Throttle body and Omex ECU setup.

This changed the power delivery of the car, and coupled with an excellent chassis made it a giant killer at many track days.

The proof of this was an excellent 3rd place in class at 2005 GT Battle, beating many more powerful cars!

car3-vi.jpg

122_2291vi-vi.jpg

122_2290vi-vi.jpg

122_2292vi-vi.jpg

IMG_8137vi-vi.jpg

car31-vi.jpg

fmpbedford1-vi.jpg

DSCF0156vi-vi.jpg

Picture006-vi.jpg

Picture004-vi.jpg

and a small film i knocked together a few years back...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4087679714668115836

cheers!!

clio 200 F4Rt
yeah car came to an end at a Bedford Autodrome track day. lost all brakes (pads decided to slice in half) and went over a 12 foot mud bank backwards at 70ish.

Had plans in place to rebuild it, to an even better spec. But the company i gave £1700 for a new shell (sema welded, roll caged etc) decided to take my money, and give me feck all!

The whole process of trying to get my money back made me lose interest with the car so sold off all the bits.

Still miss it, as it was soooooo much fun to drive!

But now i am sorted with my current 172, it should come out to a similar standard!

Cheers for all the positive comments, glad some people remember it!

Renaultsport Clio 197
great driving mate!

too bad we can't hear the engine.Car looks awesome.and goes awesome too

shame it's gone now