ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Scottish RR day pics

Motorbikes
First 58 atleast ;)
Its taking too long to upload them and I have to go out now!
I'll upload the rest tomorrow when I can be bothered.

Mmmmm Trophy
IMG_0402.jpg

F1 decals gave it an extra 25bhp.
IMG_0440.jpg

Mmmm Mark's Cup
IMG_0456.jpg

Teach you how to get some proper torque figures
IMG_0471.jpg

And a link to the rest of my album. As said I'll post the rest tomorrow.
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff291/steve172/Cars/Cliosport RR day 090208/

Steven

Banana
Nice pics matey, yes your black smoke making machine definately made some impressive torque figures ;)

Damn, that's my favourite location for pics blown lol

steve - happy with your figures then? Problem with remapping mine is that any meaningful remap would take the power/torque to something similar to yours, but I'd also need a new clutch (std one's only happy up to 290-300lbft). Would be nice in a car weighing a bit less than your tank too :(

Clio Cup Racer
Hey I cant post in the Rolling Road thread because im not a member yet - im the guy with the 0Bhp Cup Racer. :dapprove:

Spoke to some of you but would have been good to meet more people - was a bit preocupied with my car.

It was last out for Oulton Park in November. Started it a week ago to make sure all was fine for the rollers. Went to get it yesterday - nothing! Was going to give in and just not go but I thought it could be the crank sensor so I phoned round to see if I could get one. Mr Mechanic had one in Leven. So I came along for a while, went and got the sensor, fitted that and it still wouldnt start, so headed home.

Really nice cars there yesterday, loved the V6. :cool:

Oh P.S. My friend with his Cavalier V6 got 199Bhp, he was pretty chuffed with that, about 10Bhp more than he got last time he was on. :)

Rb 182
Hey I cant post in the Rolling Road thread because im not a member yet - im the guy with the 0Bhp Cup Racer. :dapprove:

Spoke to some of you but would have been good to meet more people - was a bit preocupied with my car.

It was last out for Oulton Park in November. Started it a week ago to make sure all was fine for the rollers. Went to get it yesterday - nothing! Was going to give in and just not go but I thought it could be the crank sensor so I phoned round to see if I could get one. Mr Mechanic had one in Leven. So I came along for a while, went and got the sensor, fitted that and it still wouldnt start, so headed home.

Really nice cars there yesterday, loved the V6. :cool:

Oh P.S. My friend with his Cavalier V6 got 199Bhp, he was pretty chuffed with that, about 10Bhp more than he got last time he was on. :)

Really wanted to see that run aswell.

Watched your mate with the cav run. Id be happy with his run. What mods done?

exige
Big thanks to the organisers for letting us RWD cars run first, meaning I could get home for work - pleased with the result and we all appreciated being allowed to gatecrash, and nice to chat cars with a few folk.

A few very nice looking cliosports also, i was liking the 197s a lot.

If anyone has any pics of the exige would be good to see them.

cheers JJ (philthys brother)

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
I'm loving the Cup with the White wheels makes me want to go out and buy another one.

Motorbikes
^^ Just arrived to start uploading th rest of mine... I'll be here all night I think.

steve - happy with your figures then? Problem with remapping mine is that any meaningful remap would take the power/torque to something similar to yours, but I'd also need a new clutch (std one's only happy up to 290-300lbft). Would be nice in a car weighing a bit less than your tank too :(

Yup chuffed to bits. I cant imagine remapping yours would take it much more than mine. You could be ok. Is this what you've heard on a Seat forum?

Phil, I wanted to get some snaps of yours but you left just after I arrived.

Yup chuffed to bits. I cant imagine remapping yours would take it much more than mine. You could be ok. Is this what you've heard on a Seat forum?

Yeah, a decent remap won't be far short of 200bhp on mine, but the torque figure usually exceeds 300lbft depending on what remap. People with remaps like that tend to find clutches start slipping not long after the remap - just can't handle the torque. Some get around this by not planting their foot below 2000rpm, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the remap if you aren't able to drive the car normally!

I could get a milder remap to about 180bhp/275lbft, but for how much it costs (not much less than a 200bhp/310lbft remap) it's just not worth it :(

Coilovers though, that's what's tempting me. Sod straights, corners ftw...

Good to see my car in a couple of pics :D

Sorry I didn't come to the bridge but couldnae be bothered driving back by myself!

I made 75.4 BHP, can't complain about that! ;)

S2000
Some nice pics guys, none of mine though :dapprove: but I'll post up some of my own when I get them on the computer.

Was pretty disappointed that the cup racer didn't make it on - I would have been away by then anyway but would have been interested to see what it ran.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
In love with that Cup with white turinis, exactly how I would have mine if I owned one, MINT!!! :D

mk1 clio
Great day out it was! ..I notice me in a few pics LOL . I remember donsro's hybrid ..nice figure you got. Hope to be a the next cliosport event in my mk1 :D

S2000
Great day out it was! ..I notice me in a few pics LOL . I remember donsro's hybrid ..nice figure you got. Hope to be a the next cliosport event in my mk1 :D

Yeah I was pretty pleased with the power figure I got. Would have been nice to have had a few more Mk1s along though, too many of these Mk2's floating about ;) .

1.8 rt &1.8rsi
was a good day yip we were outnumbered by the mk2s lol

i was pretty happy with my figures also lol

99.4bhp and 109 lbf.ft :D