ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My second 182

3 Series xdrive
Having previously owned a full fat 182 a few years back, ive just taken delivery of another 182, a low mileage lightweight version this time with no cup packs. Will post some pics up soon.

04 plate, silver with 29k on the clock, timing belt done earlier this year, got it for £3800. Very pleased with it, body work in very good condition, no door dings etc, couple of very minor yet annoying small dents on the bonnet where someone has pressed it shut rather than dropping it shut apart form that tho its very clean and tidy, only one thing letting it down at the moment and thats a dodgy exhaust, from what i can work out(not being mechanically minded) I think its the cat part thats gubbed, so if anyone has one going spare then let me know, dont fancy paying silly money to renault for one.

Dont think i'll be making many mods to it, maybe a s/s exhaust when the rear section gives up the ghost and would like to get cup spoiler and a nice wee splitter for the front, first things first tho i need to find a cat for it as the noise its making when i floor it is the only thing letting it down at the moment :(

Just been out a wee run in it, forgot how much fun these wee cars are, happy days :)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Cats are expensive and not that common second hand. Mine cracked on my 182 so I got a de cat for 60 quid then managed to swap it for a cat before I sold it.

3 Series xdrive
The funny thing was the guy from the garage who sold me it(small independant outfit) tried to explain to me while out on the test drive that they all made that noise coz they have dump vales fitted, I lol'd a lot at that. Having previously owned turbo'd cars and knowing its not possible to have dump valve and the noise it was making was nothing like a dump valve i just played along with him, was very funny. only he's having the last laugh coz i didnt realise it was the cat that was gubbed, thought it was the centre section. :(

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Is it actually a hole as sometimes ya can repair them. Mine was quite a big tear so had no choice. A de cat is a cheap fix till MOT time or forever if ya know a garage.

3 Series xdrive
Havnt had it checked yet but from what i can see with my very little mechamical knowledge, the bracket or one of them that holds the cat up it loose and i can hear it banging everytime i start/turn off the engine and the noise sounds like its coming fom there when driving. If i cant get a cat soon will just have to go for the decat option as MOT isnt sue till april so that will give me time to find one

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Could just be the exhaust mounts by the sounds of it. Don't think ya cats broken. When the exhaust is on wrong they bang off the bottom unless it's where the clamp to the centre is. Maybe just needs adjusting. Think positive. Lol

3 Series xdrive
Could just be the exhaust mounts by the sounds of it. Don't think ya cats broken. When the exhaust is on wrong they bang off the bottom unless it's where the clamp to the centre is. Maybe just needs adjusting. Think positive. Lol

lol trying to think positive, but the sounds its making when i floor it sounds like its broken to me, and i think it is the clamp to the centre thats shot :(

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Yeah without actually seeing it I'd guess it was that. I'd get a different clamp to renaults as it will be easier to fit. I had to heat mine up with a blow torch to get off. If it's broke that is, mite just need tightening up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'm confused, what model have you bought?
A 182 cup. Or a normal 182 with no cup packs?

Clio 182 arctic
sorry for asking but if you're thinking of getting a cup spoiler and spitter for it in the future y didnt you just buy a cup packed 182, or are you planning for coilovers etc.

3 Series xdrive
sorry for asking but if you're thinking of getting a cup spoiler and spitter for it in the future y didnt you just buy a cup packed 182, or are you planning for coilovers etc.

I was looking for a cupped packed one but just couldnt find a good one, loads of overpriced ones that had been used and abused so when i came acrosss this little cracker i just had to buy it.

Funnily enough i bought my first cupped packed 182 from "barkers of preston" back in 2004, they anything to do with you?