ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my smashed liquid

Clio V6 Mk2 255
Bad luck !

I am surprised he didn't see you as he seemed to hit you in the middle of the car so you must have been right alongside him as he turned in ?

Often roundabouts are poorly marked or people do change lanes, human nature I suppose, so in the Vee especially I tend to hang back and not undertake at roundabouts even if I know I have right of way.

I used to think sometimes I am in the correct lane, they will see me, but you can never really afford to second guess another driver when you have an expensive car ...

Hope you get it all sorted fella ...

Martin

LY V6 with Recaros
That's not a nice sight :( Gutted for you, glad you're ok though. I would have gone mad, people don't seem to get that a car can be someone's pride and joy. It's not exactly a subtle colour either, how he didn't see it!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
not a nice sight, i don't understand how people do not see you when they are right beside you, they even do it to me when i am in a 26 ton wagon.
if i were you put a claim in for you neck and back as well if they are injured (everybody else does) so even if they do not write the car off you can put the claim money towards another car with the LY in px as you will never think of it as the same car even if the repair is purfect

Bad luck !

I am surprised he didn't see you as he seemed to hit you in the middle of the car so you must have been right alongside him as he turned in ?
Sounds like the guy might have not taken the exit he was supposed to.

There's a roundabout I use everyday (J2 of the M621 going onto Elland Road for people in Leeds). It's a DC with the M621 overhead, so 1st exit is East bound, 2nd exit is the continuation of the DC and 3rd exit is westbound. The amount of people in the left-hand lane that try to go all the way around it is unbelievable. It's the roundabout I hate the worst in Leeds, as I've had so many near misses on it. I would say at least a dozen times, I've been forced to miss my exit because of some dumbarse who thinks they can take whatever exit they like.

The funny thing is about 3/4 of the near misses I've had with these numpties they have actually had a go AT ME! Idiots. I always try to make sure I'm slightly ahead of the car to my left and have the indicator going well in advance of the exit to show my intent. Everytime I use it and there's a car to my left I'm always expecting a crunch!

impreza p1
not a nice sight, i don't understand how people do not see you when they are right beside you, they even do it to me when i am in a 26 ton wagon.
if i were you put a claim in for you neck and back as well if they are injured (everybody else does) so even if they do not write the car off you can put the claim money towards another car with the LY in px as you will never think of it as the same car even if the repair is purfect

thats the plan mate :)

impreza p1
Are you actually injured, Lee?

not drastically, my neck is playing up and my back is slighty hurting, nothing that will keep me off work though, people are telling me to make out i'm really bad and try and claim loads of money

Are you actually injured, Lee?

not drastically, my neck is playing up and my back is slighty hurting, nothing that will keep me off work though, people are telling me to make out i'm really bad and try and claim loads of money
So basically you're going to commit fraud. Have you ever moaned about how much insurance is? Now you know why; people like you who feign injury to get money they don't derserve. Thanks for pushing my insurance up year-on-year. Wanker.

impreza p1
So basically you're going to commit fraud. Have you ever moaned about how much insurance is? Now you know why; people like you who feign injury to get money they don't derserve. Thanks for pushing my insurance up year-on-year. w**ker.

haha what a prick, did i say i'm definatley claiming? i'm going for a check up, they will tell me if i should claim or how bad my injurys are, what happens if i dont go for a check up and a few months down the line my neck is all of a sudden fucked? i havent got a leg to stand on have i? read the bold writing, there all telling me that, doesnt mean i will. and to prevent fraud u basically lie, i am injured as stated in numerous posts ive made

Last edited:
Not injured enough to be off work = not injured enough to be making claims for injury. Pretty simple I thought.

impreza p1
Not injured enough to be off work = not injured enough to be making claims for injury. Pretty simple I thought.

well i sit at a computer all day so hardly a manual job is it, if was in a warehouse lugging stuff about all day i'd see your point. me being off work would be pointless cos i'd only sat down doing nothing anyway. so to me i cant see what i'm doing wrong, i'll let the doc's decide cos they no best. i'll keep u updated though mate let u no how i'm felling as u sound concerned about me, bless xxxx

impreza p1
Gutted for you lee. Hope you are ok.

yea im good ta mate, just gutted more than anything, also the hassle that comes with it, like all the phone calls and time off work to get things sorted. when i seen the damaged i wanted to cry, i felt sick lol. my pride and joy wrecked by a careless driver :(

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT
Seems like its open season on 182's at the minute. Glad you are ok though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
You werent one of the youths hanging around outsde with a 106 gti? They were all on about being gutted

Mk2 Clio dci
What a shame, such a nice car! at least your ok though mate.
I dont think itll be a write off, my mum had someone go into the side of her clio, and did nearly the same if not, a bit more damage than that, and it was fixable!

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
So basically you're going to commit fraud. Have you ever moaned about how much insurance is? Now you know why; people like you who feign injury to get money they don't derserve. Thanks for pushing my insurance up year-on-year. w**ker.

at the end of the day your insurance is never going to go down because of all these fake claims so if you are involved in a accident and injured even just a bit why not make a claim and try to get a bit of your money back

Clio MK2 (1.2)

how can it be fraud? my mum had a accident she and a Astra went headon(astra came round to fast) and she banged her knee, went to doctors becuase she couldnt drive, then she recieve aletter from Solicitors telling her to make a claim, so she is..

at the end of the day your insurance is never going to go down because of all these fake claims so if you are involved in a accident and injured even just a bit why not make a claim and try to get a bit of your money back
No it won't go down but it won't go up. It's pretty simple maths really. The more they pay out the more they need to charge people.

how can it be fraud? my mum had a accident she and a Astra went headon(astra came round to fast) and she banged her knee, went to doctors becuase she couldnt drive, then she recieve aletter from Solicitors telling her to make a claim, so she is..
If you're not injured and you make a claim for injury it's fraud. Or would you prefer a simpler version?

Mini Cooper S sport
Arghhh gutted, must be a really common accident to happen though because some tosspiece is in the wrong lane. Nearly happened to me once coming out of Portsmouth but the ABS saved me and the asshole crossed in front me - didn't even know what they'd nearly done.

Once it's all been fixed and resprayed you'll love it again.