ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my speakers have just lost sound

the four speakers running off my head unit all just suddenly lost sound as i was coming home there.

the speakers running off my amp are still ok, what has happened?

checked the wires and they seem ok, is their a fuse or something?

i really dont like this, just as i was finally happy with my stereo!

so there is nowhere along with bare wire touching the chassis or a part that could potentially could hav touched???

have you checked the ISO connection in the back of the head unit??

if the amped speakers are still working then its the only problem i can think of

or the amp blown in the head unit?

sorry to hear about your problems, read some of your other threads, sounded like it was sounding really good.

As said before. Its either going to be a problem with the ISO connector block, a dodgy connection on a speaker or the headunit amp has given up the ghost.

What headunit do you have again?

Russ

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

when you connected up the new speakers you didnt put more than 1 speaker per output did you ?

i dont know whats happening but im really pissed off right now

ive just had the head unit out, checked all the connections and everything, but going by the way the speakers just cut off i have a feeling it might be the internal amp.

evil ice, i have the pioneer 7400mp.

and no each output was only connected to one speaker.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ah, the only reason I asked is because if there more than one the Ohmage might have been too low or too high causing the amp to overheat and burn out.

nevermind though.

well we hooked it up to the test board at work today..defo the internal amp i reckon. Gonna take the stereo back on friday, hopefully i wont have to wait too long for it to be fixed. Wonder why it happened, just one of those things i spose.

I once had a similar problem with an Alpine internal amp but that was on the RCA side of things. It sometimes happens but is quite rare. If you take it back to where you got it from, hopefully they will be able to fix it quickly or ask them for a replacement.

Russ