ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My ST v my Clio 200 - speedo video

Z4
The videos are pretty much what you'd expect.

I agree with Mark, I'm actually surprised the 200 held its own as well as it did!
Through the gears they're neck and neck.
In gear the turbo, naturally puts out more torque, but it doesn't embarrass the Clio as we as we all know they're far from torquey cars.

Both decent cars.
I think the 200 would edge it for fun, especially when driven in anger or on track.
Id rather drive the ST as a daily due to the larger power band.

Its obviously not a 'fair' comparison as one is previous gen, and one is modified!

RB Clio 182
1*2 would beat them both tbh

+1

The videos are pretty much what you'd expect.

I agree with Mark, I'm actually surprised the 200 held its own as well as it did!
Through the gears they're neck and neck.
In gear the turbo, naturally puts out more torque, but it doesn't embarrass the Clio as we as we all know they're far from torquey cars.

Both decent cars.
I think the 200 would edge it for fun, especially when driven in anger or on track.
Id rather drive the ST as a daily due to the larger power band.

Its obviously not a 'fair' comparison as one is previous gen, and one is modified!

I agree, it should be compared to this tbf

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Clio182 bean
^ lol nobody should really, that said are the 197 and 200 top dog anyway??, i had a 197 egg me on the other day and I was pulling away from him in the 182 which surprised me, maybe down to the driver in some cases though.And of course a turbocharged car has an advantage, pointless comparison to be honest.

I bet this is plastered over Fiesta forums lol..

Its like doing the same with something Honda Type R range.. pointless.. the Clio enjoys to rev.. the Fiesta clearly doesnt, don't know a great deal about them but if its turbo'd then close this thread or chuck a blower on the clio and do a standing start run not low rev runs.

Stuff like this cheeses me off and the fact your on here trying to justify it on a Clio forum makes it worse.

Its about what you enjoy.. which clearly here most people will be Clio's.. if they want a fiesta they will join another forum..

Type R has Vtec at the top end, no? So that's a completely null point.

They are aimed at the same market, so of course the video is relevant.

Range Rover Sport
Type R has Vtec at the top end, no? So that's a completely null point.

They are aimed at the same market, so of course the video is relevant.

In what sense? You buy either a Fiesta or Clio for outright speed?

In what sense? You buy either a Fiesta or Clio for outright speed?

The video shows how the cars/engines respond in various scenarios. If you're buying a hot hatch, you are likely to be considering one of these two. One of the considerations is acceleration, yes. Not sure I said anything about buying the cars based on the video, however...!