ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My starting project

Clio 1.2 mk2
Hi all I'm new to this and would like some advice.
Not too long ago I got myself a 1.2 Clio mk2 in blue and because it's my first car I wanna change bits and bobs. Obviously because my insurance companie is a turd, I carnt change anything drastic like exhaust etc... So far I got myself the sport steering wheel, full sound system (no sub yet), halo headlights, and got the 5 spoke alloys re done satin black...
My next plans are;
Wind deflectors
Getting the Renault badges black ( can I buy new badges or do I have to spray them)
A 172/182 grill (still carnt find one after searching for a while)

So just wondering if any you guys had some advice for what I could do. Thanks image.jpeg

Mazda mps
The question is... What do you want to achieve? I know your age/insurance prevents any performance mods but are you interested in motorsport or just cosmetic mods. This site has masses of excellent information and people who are very willing to share their knowledge. So have a good look through the project section and get some ideas from what others have done.
Good luck and keep us all posted

Clio 1.2 mk2
The question is... What do you want to achieve? I know your age/insurance prevents any performance mods but are you interested in motorsport or just cosmetic mods. This site has masses of excellent information and people who are very willing to share their knowledge. So have a good look through the project section and get some ideas from what others have done.
Good luck and keep us all posted
No to interested in performance more cosmetic... Just want an eye turning Clio that looks the job
And cheers matey will do

Clio 1.2 mk2
*Update

After dealing with a nice rusty snapped bolt under the bumper I finally got it off. Headlights look so much better now they ain't covered in tape.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Shame the grills a bit grey but come summer I'll do that satin black.

Also took it for a wash and straight after my whole interior light started leaking through with water and I've been having problems with the roof passenger side being wet. Gonna have to get new roof lining trim soon before it gets outta hand....

Also any advice on how to get the Renault diamond black??

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Sunroof problems are common, firstly check the drains are clear in the sunroof, they are holes I'm the front corners of the sunroof - you will need to pop the glass out to check properly.
If they are clear, then you will probably need a new seal kit fitting. Think they are just over £200 but it will be dry as a bone then.
Then get some nice new number plates and screws to make that look fresh too.