ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My visit to the local RR

LY Megane R26
So i finally got round to visiting a rolling road.....

Luckily there was a garage i deal with on a day to day basis who has a hub dyno, so thougth id get him to stick the car on it to see what it was pushing out
Was a little gutted when i wasnt allowed into the room as it was their health and safety rules, and being based near a residential estate theyre quite strict with the noise levels so the rooms all shut up for the runs and can barely hear a thing outside.

Anyway, down to the results heres a pic of the graph.....

IMG_2427.jpg

That figure was the reading at the wheels, downside was there dyno didnt calculate the flywheel figure. They said that it should be roughly 15% transmission loss on these
Does that sound about right with the transmission loss, i mean i know i really need to get the oil changed as its not been done for quite some time its just gettting round to it. So not sure if that would effect the transmission loss much?

How does this graph and figure look? the torque looks all over the place is it meant to be like that?
152.5bhp ATW sound about right?

The mods it has are....
RS Tuner 98ron map
Decat scorpion RS192 exhaust
PH1 Airbox and piperx panel filter
I know it wouldnt add power as such, just get back what could have been lost but ive had the injectors ultrasonically cleaned
And the car is on 52k miles

So nothing major, i was expecting around the 180 mark at the flywheel tbh, but not sure what these figures would roughly be.

The main thing is the car feels great to drive and pulls very hard, so the figures dont really bother me too much if im honest
Although im tempted to jump on another local dyno since its mega cheap just to hear the noise the car makes hahaha, not really heard the car yet from the outside with the loud pedal down

Any opinions/comments/advice welcome

Thanks
Chris

Looks complete nonsense to me. I'm no expert but lets get one thing straight - the torque curve they are showing is, as you say "all over the place"

can't believe that graph IMO - probably has no bearing on your cars health, which sounds great from what you have said.

Last edited:
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Hub dyno if I'm not mistaken. VERY low loses on one of those so I'd say you're quite down on power

Impreza Wagon
I live just down the road from Thor and a few friends use the garage. I popped along for a dyno day a couple of months ago but didn't like the idea of the hub dyno so gave it a miss.

LY Megane R26
Looks complete nonsense to me. I'm no expert but lets get one thing straight - the torque curve they are showing is, as you say "all over the place"

can't believe that graph IMO - probably has no bearing on your cars health, which sounds great from what you have said.

Yer I just thought that bit was a bit strange, I mean with the graph being that irratic would it be noticeable?

Hub dyno if I'm not mistaken. VERY low loses on one of those so I'd say you're quite down on power

yer it was a hub Dyno, I can't think how I'd be so down on power if that is the case.
I had it checke over by TCR (Total Control Racing) in west mids for service and got them to check the timing as I knew they would do it properly with the right tools and they said its fine. And the car "feels" find and idles nicely.
So can't think what it would be to be honest. May plug the diagnostics in and see what it's like on the live data

I live just down the road from Thor and a few friends use the garage. I popped along for a dyno day a couple of months ago but didn't like the idea of the hub dyno so gave it a miss.

Yer it's not far from you, great garage. I thought I'd get a decent/accurate reading from there....
so thought I'd give it a go, may visit somewhere like Northampton Motorsport one day soon then, I know they're rollers are usually pretty reasonable been there a couple times before in other cars and alway got what I'd day were fair figures.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Dynos are All a lottery really tbh If the car feels fine on the road and pulls strong thats all that matters, mine has been on a few dynos without any changes in between and get different figures each time .

LY Megane R26
Yer you do have to take them with a pinch of salt I think
It was just the look of that torque graph I was worried with, and I didn't want any problems with my car, so just thought id try and gain a rough idea of what sort if region.

I also was curious as to what sort if % loss I'd make through the transmission on a hub Dyno, so I can get a rough idea on the power at flywheel, to see if it all tallys up lol