ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My write off and new car.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Exactly, not enough Darwin awards to go around on here and I'm not even sure its older people (life's passed them by so they're angry) that comment in these threads half the time. Did you never f**k about as a teenager..... probably not. I get the feeling a lot of users on here were brought up wrapped in cotton wool. Live and learn

Or die in a car crash and don't learn?

Cup In bits
Or die in a car crash and don't learn?

The boy knows he's done bad I bet and I'm sure he's had it in the neck from friends and family, I think his description was a little melodramatic as can be seen by the crashed car pics, it looks like its had a bad fall on its roof, could happen at 20mph.

I crashed my first car into a lamp post not being a tw*t, the greasy conditions I wasn't used to being so green but It still flashes through my mind from time to time while driving.

If he comes on here next week saying I wrote off another motor by his driving then yeah I would agree with some comments, its his FIRST car, 90% of people I knows first cars were crashed and I'm speaking from all ages and sex.

Cup In bits
How did you crash into a lamp post when driving sensibly? Genuine question

Had been sunny all week, rain started (so very greasy) on my way home from work on a dual carriageway, take the slip road into my village which has a a fairly sharp 90 deg bend at the end of said slip road, turned in about 30mph untill half way round the corner and then under steered into a lamppost that is about a foot from the kerb.

Then a van and a car crashed behind me just glancing my door as I exited the car. No fault claim down to road conditions.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I miss mario kart lol. I hope you spoke to the council about the road as it sounds very unsafe in those conditions

Cup In bits
I miss mario kart lol. I hope you spoke to the council about the road as it sounds very unsafe in those conditions

Yeah I would have had to foot the bill for the lamp post but it was waived due to conditions.

The police put it down to a previous spill which had dried and the conditions I described, roads are always at there worst after a dry spell then a light coating of rain as I'm sure you know. That's when I now go out hanbraking and drifting everywhere ;)

If 90% of people you know crashed their first cars then I worry for humanity.

There is no such thing as a non-fault claim "because of conditions". You were simply not driving to the conditions of the road.

I have certainly had my fair share of near misses myself but I wouldn't put it down to "conditions". It would be my own fault for driving too fast for the road !

172 Rep
If 90% of people you know crashed their first cars then I worry for humanity.

There is no such thing as a non-fault claim "because of conditions". You were simply not driving to the conditions of the road.

I have certainly had my fair share of near misses myself but I wouldn't put it down to "conditions". It would be my own fault for driving too fast for the road !

So your telling me you've never seen a car skid,wheelspin,slide in a weather such as snow or icy conditions with them barely touching 3mph in some cases? If that's not road conditions then sod knows

Clio Cup
Ha Ha , where did you pick that up From ? i changed the throttle body on it a while ago - Im a mechanic an it came into me

Cup In bits
Maybe the wrong words and a bit of an exaggeration but most inexperienced drivers (new drivers) have had a bash that I know in there first 6 months to a year of driving.

It isn't classed as a no fault claim as you say there is no such thing but when the police verify that it was due to conditions its a very different case, my insurance premium never changed.

And I'm sorry for not having a crystal ball that tells me where all the spills are on our roads.

This thread isn't about me anyway, all I'm saying is give the lad a break, accidents happen and he'll be a better driver for it.

Last edited:
  172 Rep
Maybe the wrong words and a bit of an exaggeration but most inexperienced drivers (new drivers) have had a bash that I know in there first 6 months to a year of driving.

It isn't classed as a no fault claim as you say there is no such thing but when the police verify that it was due to conditions its a very different case, my insurance premium never changed.

And I'm sorry for not having a crystal ball that tells me where all the spills are on our roads.

My first crash was some flashy nob in an m3 tanking it down the a13, smashed right into the side of me after a week of driving, gave it all the I've been driving for so many years bla bla, sometimes it's not always the inexperienced ones haha, too many people are giving this lads hard time tbh

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I still cant see where the op has been given a hard time? Yeah a few 'ahhhh thats naughty' but hardly hung drawn and quartered lol. People crash, people make stories/excuses up (if knowing its their fault) to make the situation better.

Titanium 182
You did a bloody good job on that! We all make mistakes, the main thing is you're alright.

Did you fit the springs I sold you?

Yeahyeah they did fit, sat proper nice but wasn't able to salvage them off the car.

Titanium 182
I don't get why so many people are getting pissed at this and raging, it's not what this is about though is it , it's just an accident at the end of the day and these things happen, most new drivers do crash their cars and it's a learning point from there, as a new driver you do get a bit cocky and that on the road but with this it puts me in my place and shows me how much a car is a danger to my life in the wrong situation. Most people here just need to calm down.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Not sure what thread you're reading buddy. You certainly haven't been shot down in flames from what I can see.

Most of what I've read is people saying you might find it useful to get a bit of advanced driving tuition.

And believe me that will definitely make you a better driver.

Titanium 182
I understand what people are saying but I don't feel like I need to basically how it has come across to me to relearn to drive,Just be a bit more cautious about my driving which I have been already.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I love these threads where people deny crashing. You drove like a dick and paid the price. It's not the end of the world, I've done it, many others have done it, it's just one of those things. I crashed my first car and granted if it was dry I wouldn't have crashed BUT I crashed because I was driving far too fast for the road conditions, as were you, it wasn't the road conditions that made you crash, it was your inability to asses the conditions and drive accordingly.

We are not the sort of car forum that denies driving a bit quick from time to time but you've got to learn the time and the place. A residential area in the wet is NOT the place.

Hopefully you learn from your mistake as luckily you've got a second chance...Some don't.

^ this has it perfect.

Simple facts is, you ran out of talent and then Tarmac. Therefore you were going too fast for the conditions (be it, tyres/road surface/dolphin spunk on the road etc) main thing is learn from your mistake. I highly recommend some IAM/RoSPA lessons (being an instructor myself.) not only will it help you learn to read road conditions, but also help you keep it on the black stuff when it does to tits up.

Titanium 182
I'm not denying crashing and yeah I was going a bit fast but what I'm trying to say is that I wasn't flooring it like some people here seem to think I was doing,

Young lad comes on here with 100 posts, crashes car and makes a thread.. Gets comments like 'Get some driver training before you chav your next car' etc etc... so sanctimonious (sp?)

If one of the regular more popular members made the same thread there would not be a single comment like that.

While I agree with most of the comment in here some people come across like nobs.

I'm not denying crashing and yeah I was going a bit fast but what I'm trying to say is that I wasn't flooring it like some people here seem to think I was doing,

Flooring or not, beyond the conditions is beyond the conditions.

1st step to recovery, stop denying you were in the wrong.. ;)

I can see why the thread esculated - as above they always do with non-CS "clique", but he's also proved why there's all the posts in the first place imo.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah your right, some kind of award would be dished out. This place sometimes, tut tut!

Cup In bits
Young lad comes on here with 100 posts, crashes car and makes a thread.. Gets comments like 'Get some driver training before you chav your next car' etc etc... so sanctimonious (sp?)

If one of the regular more popular members made the same thread there would not be a single comment like that.

While I agree with most of the comment in here some people come across like nobs.

^^^ amen to that, some people's s**t doesn't stink on here. Nothing more annoying than someone who thinks they're perfect.

Edit: not you impreza's works (forget your name now) just a generalisation.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Live and learn, maybe next time don't make a thread about it else what kind of response do you expect especially since former members haven't been so lucky.