ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My write off and new car.

Titanium 182
So I had a terrible accident and had to write off my pride and joy, skidded out on a wet corner not far from my house and ended up hitting a lamp post on the right side of the pavement and skidded out sideways, drivers side door into another lamp post and it made my car flip, spin a couple times in the air and land onto its roof.

Images of it being in the salvage yard two days after when I went to retrieve a few items.

IMG_0964_zpsb69e2496.jpg

IMG_0965_zpsee4f95a2.jpg

IMG_0966_zps01314482.jpg

Luckily I had managed to come out without a scratch and my passenger with a few minor injuries

A couple days later I have got myself another clio, it's only a 1.2 instead of the 1.5 I had but seeing as my insurance was only going to go up it's best I went with a smaller engine just to cushion the blow a little. It's only a standard one but it's a beginning point again for me and I will get it stanced as soon as I can.

IMG_0967_zps1d4f32ba.jpg

IMG_0968_zpsf76321ac.jpg

IMG_0969_zps45eeecd9.jpg

My plans are to get:
K-Tec stealth exhaust,
Xenon headlights
Turini alloys with low profile tyres 16"
cup spoiler sprayed colour coded
perhaps sports rear bumper spray colour coded
private reg including 3/4 front plate

That will be it for the start.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Instead of the mods maybe invest in a little more driver training, that way with a dab of oppo you can just slide your way out of trouble instead of playing pinball with street furniture ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree. Before chav inducing it, ask yourself if you're going to calm down on the road, otherwise you'll be picking up your belongings again from the scrapyard.

Titanium 182
It wasn't like I was proper going for it full on speeding, it was just a freak accident that happens to people from time to time, I can drive well and you're welcome about your insurance, hasn't done anything to mine.

lol not much sympathy for the clumsy on here ;)

did well to come out of that unscathed tbh. decent tyres should be top of the list of mods for the next one :cool:

Titanium 182

did well to come out of that unscathed tbh. decent tyres should be top of the list of mods for the next one :cool:

Haha I know, and yeah I think first thing I'm getting sorted is the turini's on some low profile tyres, the ones on my write off were all different tyres.

PH2 Flamer

Top of the list should be don't go too fast.

The only reason for skidding is speed. To fast for the circumstances.

I've done similar, 1 series 120i. Straight into a ditch and lamp post. Chatting away to my mates not noticing the hazard ahead and my speed.

Car only had around 3000 miles on it, write off.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ouch blimey, lucky you had no passenger!

Firstly forget mods, make sure you have good tyres not cheap s**t else you don't stand a chance tbh.

Stay safe!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
It wasn't like I was proper going for it full on speeding, it was just a freak accident that happens to people from time to time, I can drive well and you're welcome about your insurance, hasn't done anything to mine.

So you were speeding, just not to full extent? What the actual f**k does that mean?

RB 182 FF
I love the way everyone jumps to conclusions about driving like a nobber, to be fair the OP hasn't blamed Badgers in the road or dodging a cat like a lot of people do..... I learnt my lesson spinning my old Mazda 323F when I was 19. It was down to one thing, bald budget tyres in the wet not the speed I was doing and from that very day I have always checked my tyres regularly and used good ones no ditch finders. Always learn from your mistakes and stay safe! :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
how did you manage to flip a car a few times in a 30/40mph zone?! i guess it was a 30/40mph zone as you said 'near your house'. sounds like you need to slow down a bit to me.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Someone crashes;

CS - Crash Scene Investigators.

Who gives a f**k, this happens daily. It literally makes me give zero f***s. Really.

172 Rep
Lucky you come out with minimal injury, take it as a lesson, same thing happened to me but I didn't crash, was just oil in the road so there was no warning of it and I was doing just under 20mph, made the back end come out and I absolutely cacked it, it's not all down to speeding so take no notice, just be safe first and learn from it because if there is a next time it could be worse mate!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Lucky you come out with minimal injury, take it as a lesson, same thing happened to me but I didn't crash, was just oil in the road so there was no warning of it and I was doing just under 20mph, made the back end come out and I absolutely cacked it, it's not all down to speeding so take no notice, just be safe first and learn from it because if there is a next time it could be worse mate!

you flipped a car 'a few times' at 20mph did you?

Anyone can have an accident yes, but to bounce off 2 lampposts and flip/roll the car several times in a residential area?! :S i'm just glad no innocent bystanders didn't get hurt.

172 Rep
you flipped a car 'a few times' at 20mph did you?

Anyone can have an accident yes, but to bounce off 2 lampposts and flip/roll the car several times in a residential area?! :S i'm just glad no innocent bystanders didn't get hurt.

If you read it correctly I stated I didn't crash....
Maybe he was driving a nob who knows, I understand what your saying but it's pointless going off on one and giving him more of a hard time, yes he's drove like a pleb and thankfully didn't cause more damage, all I'm saying is take it as a lesson, I was just explaining what mine could of ended up like as a referral to his crash, driving quick in a residential area is a no go anyway, takes one kid to walk and that's it, your fucked and have to live with that, had a lad who went my college and the that happened, no sympathy for him what so ever, asshole move to make IMO

Titanium 182
I was only going about 40 but lots of rain and it being sunny aswell was a bad side I didn't really think off and i did only have standard tyres which were all different which wouldn't have helped

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Put it down to experience, learn from it and move on. I did similar 10 years ago. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Think yourself lucky you got out of it and how it could have ended. Dented wallet, dented pride and all that.

I'd be amazed if every person on here religiously sticks to the speed limit everywhere, but there's a time and a place.

Clio 172 + 172 cup
Geez you are getting a tough time on here. I'd go with good tyres and make sure your insurance company is 100% aware of any mods or they might not want t pay out if anything happens again. Take it easy round the corners!

MC

Titanium 182
I'm not arsed about what people think, they can be mad at whatever, they can act as if they are such good drivers and think their tyres are sick and won't have a problem, but you never know it's not just good tyres that will keep you on your wheels, anything can make you lose control of your car, and yes I am under experienced but it does happen to people, I don't give a f**k what people say it would be different if they crashed

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You were going to fast, simples. Doesnt affect me in the slightest as tbh i don't care, but you were going to fast. I crashed many years ago from simply going to fast and it had been raining, road was slippy etc, i was lucky to walk away. Police came out and asked what happened, it was a sweeping right hand bend (40 zone). Dont know officer all of a sudden i was by this tree after clipping a lamp post. 'How fast were you going?', about 40 i replied (more like double that). He wasnt overly bothered as no one else was involved and at the time of speaking to me took a domestic violence call and basically through me out the car. A year later one of my old best friends died in pretty much the exact same spot (weird) after getting a lift from somenone after work of which he wasnt even ment to have been in. Only person not wearing a seat belt, only person who died that day. I learnt to slow down as s**t can happen very quickly. Enjoy the car but dont be under any illusion 'it wont happen to me'.

God i sound old lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I looked at the pics before reading then op, noticed it was a 1.5 and knew for a start this would be oversteer induced.

love these little drift weapons! Haha

glad to hear you both were ok, 10/10 for effort

FF Racing Blue 182
Christ i rolled a corsa down a hole and it wasn't as flat as that I hope you learn from this mate and how did your passenger thank you for the tumble

Titanium 182
Oh yeahyeah it always understeered around every corner, I'm assuming that's what could have happened to make I worse and have no grip

Same old self righteous c***s in here. We've all driven like a Bell at some point, Unlucky.. you live and learn.

Clio 182 FF
You did a bloody good job on that! We all make mistakes, the main thing is you're alright.

Did you fit the springs I sold you?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No one is even having a go at the lad. We're trying to give advice to stop it happening again! Ffs!

He didn't recognise greasy road conditions due to inexperience, nothing wrong with that but don't take offence to people giving out advice, one if them a police officer. I doubt Dave wants to scrap you g lads off trees.

Cup In bits
Same old self righteous c**ks in here. We've all driven like a Bell at some point, Unlucky.. you live and learn.

Exactly, not enough Darwin awards to go around on here and I'm not even sure its older people (life's passed them by so they're angry) that comment in these threads half the time. Did you never f**k about as a teenager..... probably not. I get the feeling a lot of users on here were brought up wrapped in cotton wool. Live and learn