ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Zetec S Luck Ran Out

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
:dapprove:

Looks like its going to end up like the clio. :( Full of people driving into it.

Just as im going on holiday and when i need to purchase a tyre too.

IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

Quite gutted about it.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
well i take it you have smashed the grill , personally id clean the Ic or get a new shiny one , would look mint

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Haha, i never smashed it, it was bumped and left with no info, the state of it was:
Lower grill was on the floor in bits, the surround i had to clip back on. Had to take the registration off too to get the surround on.

So new surround, new lower grill and FMIC bracket. Have to check the AC as the rad got a big bash too.

Dynamique Flamer
:dapprove: I drove into someone and owned up even though there wasn't a mark lost my no claims and my ins is high enough as it is but I can't believe people just drive off like nothings happened :mad:

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
s**tter mate :(
Hope it's not too pricey to fix. Jaff discount?

Only just seen this mate, where was it done at your work? I'll ask stephen tomorrow to see what price he can do me, but tbh your probably cheaper going down the second hand route.

either that or modd the lower grill and stick some chicken wire behind it. but i can see a broken mount there which knowing ford will probably only be availabe as part of the intercooler, and you may find the clips that hold the majority of the bumper have snapped. If you want i'll ask my gaffer ifwe can borrow a ramp on saturday and we can get a proper look at it. if your going to fix it yourself i'll see if i can get instructions for dropping the bumper etc.

Evo 8 MR
To be fair if I bumped someone like this, which I wouldn't...I'd write it off if I was gonna hit someone lol, I don't think I'd stop and leave them my telephone number.

Looks better for it anyway leave the grille off and give the rad a clean and polish.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
To be fair if I bumped someone like this, which I wouldn't...I'd write it off if I was gonna hit someone lol, I don't think I'd stop and leave them my telephone number.

Looks better for it anyway leave the grille off and give the rad a clean and polish.

And that my freind, is why this worlds full of c*nts.... If you do the crime you should be able to do the time.... My Mrs "accidently" drove into someones car the other day in a car park...she did try to find the woman but couldnt, but then we managed to find her...ended up costing me £400, but at the end of the day it was our fault so only fair we pay for the damage... If a few more people took responsibility for their retarded driving then maybe we wouldnt pay so much for insurance etc...

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
TBH i had to read what was wrong with it!
It doesnt look much but its been pushed back into the AC and radiator that i dont like

s**tter mate :(
Hope it's not too pricey to fix. Jaff discount?
Looks like i can get a new grill insert cheaper however the outer section i need a new one of them so ill just colour code that too.

Shine that IC up and your onto a winner.
Looking into solutions, may get a new one.

I thought it was a highly modded one with intercooler showing LOL.
I wish it was.

2nd one is the one im going to try get.

Only just seen this mate, where was it done at your work? I'll ask stephen tomorrow to see what price he can do me, but tbh your probably cheaper going down the second hand route.

either that or modd the lower grill and stick some chicken wire behind it. but i can see a broken mount there which knowing ford will probably only be availabe as part of the intercooler, and you may find the clips that hold the majority of the bumper have snapped. If you want i'll ask my gaffer ifwe can borrow a ramp on saturday and we can get a proper look at it. if your going to fix it yourself i'll see if i can get instructions for dropping the bumper etc.
Got a ramp for saturday at my usual place, so ill report findings then.

See taht annoys me.

My clio had 5 people do that to it, it was beyond a joke and pissed me off, eventually had to be resprayed and had to get new bonnet, wings etc for it.

And that my freind, is why this worlds full of c*nts.... If you do the crime you should be able to do the time.... My Mrs "accidently" drove into someones car the other day in a car park...she did try to find the woman but couldnt, but then we managed to find her...ended up costing me £400, but at the end of the day it was our fault so only fair we pay for the damage... If a few more people took responsibility for their retarded driving then maybe we wouldnt pay so much for insurance etc...
Its unfair when people do it, but people just dont care if their car isnt damaged and no one is around, who cares attitude applys.