ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N. Ireland Mountain Run 25th Jan 09

"Navy" N17 TWO
We set off from Sprucefield...
We set off from Sprucefield (always best 2nd time round ;)) and headed towards the loughs & hills as promised.

Some of the ones at the back got fed up with the bumpy country lanes after we cleared the Irish traffic-jam so we ended up heading towards Newcastle for food.

On the way back to the car park we spotted a Black 1.2 Expression with dark tints, smoked rear lights and white wheeltrims :rofl:
It then followed us as we left, along the coast road for photos

DSC_1630.jpg

DSC_1632.jpg

Clio's everywhere! :D
DSC_1640.jpg

DSC_1657.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

DSC_1678.jpg

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1683.jpg

Lower than Cro's :rasp:
DSC_1681.jpg

The 5th Gear Clio :)
DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1674.jpg

DSC_1685.jpg

Last edited:
  "Navy" N17 TWO
When we got up to Spelga the car park was full so most of us headed on home.
Me and Mikey waited for the rain to blow over to take a few shots of the Area Rep's cars

DSC_1690.jpg

DSC_1696.jpg

DSC_1688.jpg

And a few of mine at the "Magnetic Hill" on the way home :cool:
DSC_1700.jpg

DSC_1702.jpg

DSC_1712.jpg

Trev

Cro

Meg'd r27
Good job trev, and when you were saying about the boats being lower than mine..... you obviously weren't talking about your boat :rasp: The drive to spelga was decent craic, as was mine home.... record time and literally at one point I think I may have got some air

turned out to be a good wee afternoon....once we got off the 10mph country sh*te covered lanes lol.

photos turned out well trev...good job....official NI cliosport photographer lol ;)

really looking forward to next sunday now...hope the weather holds!

Nice pic's lads! Glad i headed down to the harbour for the photo's, noway would we have gotten a decent spot to have a few photo's taken at spelga dam.

The coast road is a decent road and the likelyhood of running into more sheep is minimal lol

Loved the 197 and would be very tempted to buy one for my next car!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Cro, I meant the boats about 20ft below us, sure mine's not lowered it's just Sportline'd remember :rasp: cheeky git

Dave I've still a lot to learn with the camera & editing to be honest (so many settings) thanks for the praise :cheers:

Nice pic's lads! Glad i headed down to the harbour for the photo's, noway would we have gotten a decent spot to have a few photo's taken at spelga dam.

The coast road is a decent road and the likelyhood of running into more sheep is minimal lol

Loved the R27 and would be very tempted to buy one for my next car!

Kilkeel harbour was a great spot, pity the cars up at spelga started to go shortly after you, Dave and Steven left.

Sure we'll go again sometime, take a different road up.

The long straight stretch on the way up to the dam would be great for a shot of a big convoy if we could get it going :)

Hi guys, good banter yesterday, enjoyed the good drive yesterday, 1st decent drive in a long time.

Anyhow, heres my pics.

P1010750.gif

P1010751.gif

P1010752.gif

P1010753.gif

P1010754.gif

P1010755.gif

P1010756.gif

P1010757.gif

P1010758.gif

P1010759.gif

P1010760.gif

P1010761.gif

P1010765.gif

P1010766.gif

P1010768.gif

P1010769.gif

P1010771.gif

P1010773.gif

P1010774.gif

P1010776.gif

P1010777.gif

P1010778.gif

P1010779.gif

Then a few at spelga damn, after all the hikers went home.

P1010780.gif

P1010781.gif

P1010782.gif

P1010785.gif

P1010786.gif

P1010787.gif

P1010788.gif

P1010789.gif

Thats all from me folks
:cool:

Aye but theres always clouds over here lol

Well Dave if the weather had of been better i would have took more :rasp:

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Haha. If any of the area reps are heading to Kirkistown can we get a thread up about it? Some arrangements for meeting before we head up or something.

All if I pass ofcourse...

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
With the striped 182, fitting the BMC CDA kit, it looks like its attatched to the standard renault 90degree bend, does the fit nicely? Iv just purchased that kit and was "Umming and Arrghing" whether it would go on.

Good to see such a sweet range of cars in nice locations too!

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Some lethal pics there, wish i could have went, hopfully make the next we run!

With the striped 182, fitting the BMC CDA kit, it looks like its attatched to the standard renault 90degree bend, does the fit nicely? Iv just purchased that kit and was "Umming and Arrghing" whether it would go on.

Good to see such a sweet range of cars in nice locations too!

Yeah i fitted it to the standard pipe and fits fine! More than enough room to fit a caf also. I've heard a few people on here say it wont fit.

I received a 90 degree silicon hose with the kit but didn't put it on as it had no breather pipe attached to it.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Yeah i fitted it to the standard pipe and fits fine! More than enough room to fit a caf also. I've heard a few people on here say it wont fit.

I received a 90 degree silicon hose with the kit but didn't put it on as it had no breather pipe attached to it.

Thats awesome mate thanks for responding! Also means Ill save 70 instead of buying a Samco one!

172 cup
I have just joined today and saw this post. I am actually from Newcastle and have recently seen the Clio in question around the town. A good chuckle is always had when I spot it. Wish I had known about this as I was bored shitless in the house on Sunday. Did many go?:rolleyes:

172 cup
I'm in work so can't see the pics. How many are we talking? All clio sports? Bought an '02 172 cup there about 8 months ago but am working in dublin most of the time so only really home at the weekend. I was actually booked for Kirkistown this weekend by pure chance but had to pull out cos I'm so skint after xmas. Have a couple of mates going up though so may go for a laugh.

Ah i see lol, there was 6 cars, 5 were sports

There was Marks - RB 182
Cro's 5DR 182
Dave's Albi Blue R27
My PH1 172
Stuarts 1.2
Trevs Monaco PH2

Not too bad, normally get quite a few sports at different meets. The last mini meet we had quite a few and we won car club at last years scoobfest event at Junction 1 in antrim.

I'll pm you links to some of our previous meets dude.