ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/S squeak.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
I've an annoying squeak coming from around the n/s front wheel or it may be pulley related. It happens at idle sometimes, and i can hear it when I go over rough surfaces. It doesn't get faster/slower with rev's.

I've tried spraying the bushes, ball joints and anything else around there with grease and it still persists. Whilst I was down coating bits in grease I noticed that the rubber damper bit on my crank pulley is all cracked and broken, do you reckon this may cause a squeak?

It's wild annoying in this weather as I usually have the window down, I can't hear it much with the window up.

Land Rover
On the Land Rover Defender you get a squeak when the rubber crankshaft damper is worn.
I think it’s called a harmonic damper. If yours has deteriorated it’s a good idea to replace it anyway.
If the squeak is still there after you replaced that part, at least you will know what it isn’t.