ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N95 Auto Screen Rotate (ASR) soon???

1998 BMW e46 323i
Just been reading the N95 8GB has a firmware about to go online which has ASR, wonder if this will be offered with the next N95 classic f/w update?

I have a suspicion that Nokia didn't include it with the original builds because of battery drain,.. but hey, the newer firmwares seemed to have addressed this problem somewhat.

B

Brown.

ASR ?? ANUS STINGY RINGY ??

i prefer the manual slide for screen rotate, i wouls find it annoying the screen rotating on its onwn :(, and you know what will happen, you will go to show shome one, and it wont rotate lol

1998 BMW e46 323i
yeah courtesy of samir, but I tried to get a symbian signed doodah as they changed the process, and it never happened. It's beyond me!

172 & RSi
N95 8gb does have it with the update, first thing I did when i got mine was update it and found the ASR when playing the the settings, its awesome when on youtube or browsing the internet

1998 BMW e46 323i
Fingers crossed this comes to the N95 classic some time soon.

Does it work all the time or just when in certain programmes m0ssy?

1998 BMW e46 323i
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally bit the bullet last night and decided I WOULD have ASR courtesy of 3rd party f/w. Found a guide on YouTube (see below), followed it and it works! Took around 10 mins all in.

I've tried before to get stuff signed by the Symbian Signing-Nazis, without luck. But they've updated the process.

P.S. Make sure you try and sign RotateMe by Samir v2.10 beta (like in the vid).

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-6h0BupcQ

Shed.
Just been reading the N95 8GB has a firmware about to go online which has ASR, wonder if this will be offered with the next N95 classic f/w update?

I have a suspicion that Nokia didn't include it with the original builds because of battery drain,.. but hey, the newer firmwares seemed to have addressed this problem somewhat.

ive got it now for some reason, theres an option to activate or disable it. Changed some codes about and updated with the latest firmware.

1998 BMW e46 323i
The n95 8GB has it in the latest f/w as of last month, the original/classic n95 does not. ( It's expected in the next update)... Hence the reason I started this thread and took the time to add ASR to my classic n95.

IF YOU HAVE AN 8GB, this doesn't apply to you.

Last edited: