ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N95

Right im after the N95 because i cant wait any longer to get another phone (Stuck with a very old Nokia for 3 months!) Love the look of the N95 but want to know the following...

1: Can it be debranded without difficulty

2: Whats the speed for texting like? (Getting to text menu and sending)

Sy

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
dunno bout debranding, but txt'ing is as quick as any other phone ive used.. you can go through the menu to get to the texting stuff or you can just click the envelope and it will open up a new text.

Clio 172mk2
alls u need is one small proggy to change the phones model number e.g. from o2 to generic , takes like 2 secs

then nokias software to auto update the firmware, thats it done

textin alot quicker then the n80,

Search in this forum for debranding, i made a post on it ages ago.

New Text message can be nearly instant if you set the option on one of the select buttons, or on the main screen setting up active standby.

172 cup
Debranding very easy with the right software search the Nokia forums etc for more info. Thats what i did.

Also txting is great, just make sure you update to the latest firmware and you will be fine

Awesome phone!!

Fabia vRS
n95 battery life is sh1te, mine will die in less than a day if i make a lot of phone calls and use the web on it.

172 cup
n95 battery life is sh1te, mine will die in less than a day if i make a lot of phone calls and use the web on it.

Do you have the latest firmware mate? just asking because mine was like that before i updated it and now it lasts two days at least usually

One problem you might find with texting is....

When you go to delete a character with the C button you will no doubt catch the Red Hang Up button which on Nokia phones takes you back to the front screen, which means you have to find the message again in the drafts folder.

Not sure who else does this

In between cars....
i was eyeing the N95 up as my contract has finished but im trying to hold out for the new sony k850i, whats this debranding talk all about?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Yep, ive done the cancel but hitting red phone thing aswell.. normally after ive typed a massive txt... and I didn't know it saved it in drafts.. once I ended up writing the same txt 3 times lol

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i do that all the time on my k800i. annoying!

Yep, ive done the cancel but hitting red phone thing aswell.. normally after ive typed a massive txt... and I didn't know it saved it in drafts.. once I ended up writing the same txt 3 times lol

M135i
be vary wary of buying it on orange. it seems the ornage software buggers it up after about of usage (well it has to mine anyway). the main screen flashes on and off. went to nokia shop, they upgraded software to generic. works ok now :)

Mondeo ST220
be vary wary of buying it on orange. it seems the ornage software buggers it up after about of usage (well it has to mine anyway). the main screen flashes on and off. went to nokia shop, they upgraded software to generic. works ok now :)

i'm on orange, not had any problems. and for once orange haven't stuck that annoying side screen on like they always used to

Fabia vRS
upgraded the firmware, suddenly my satnav works much better now and doesn't take an age to find the satallites, and i think the battery life has improved.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
yeah teh latest firmware uses network assist to get a lock. takes only a few seconds with it

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
how fast is activating the camera and reading txts?

tempted with one but cant be fuked waiting 10+ second to take a pic when i open the shutter!

MINI Cooper S
Just debranded my o2 n95.... was meaning to do it for a while, but only just got round to it. Its now updated to the v12 firmware and its so much better, faster, smoother etc...