ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96 & DVB-H

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Anyone actually got the TV feature working.

I read it was trialed in 2006 in Oxford and Cambridge but can't find out if its national yet.

I'd be well tempted to buy it if I could watch Dave on it, but its not on channel list :( N85 and i-player otherwise

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Cheers guys.

Any info on when it might be available here?

Will find the N85 deals when its out then :)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6902541.stm

But for the UK the decision to plump for DVB-H could be problematic because it relies on freeing up parts of the radio spectrum.

The UHF band, which is identified by the EC as the most suitable spectrum for multimedia mobile services, is unlikely to be freed up in the UK until digital switch-over is complete in 2012.
"Most European countries are moving towards allocating spectrum but one anomaly is the UK," said Mr McQueen.

Ofcom said that, far from being out of step, the UK regulator is ahead of the game when it comes to distributing spectrum for mobile TV services and other uses.
"Some of the spectrum will become available in late 2008 or early 2009. We consider that we are leading the way in Europe in terms of developing new uses for the digital dividend spectrum," said an Ofcom spokeswoman.

Sounds like anyones guess tbh.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
By the time DVB-H is around in the UK the N96 will be a distant memory, and seeing as its the same as the N95 otherwise, its a pointless upgrade.

I also didn't like the look of the N96

330Ci (Fail)Sport
By the time DVB-H is around in the UK the N96 will be a distant memory, and seeing as its the same as the N95 otherwise, its a pointless upgrade.

I also didn't like the look of the N96

Exactly what I've come to think after trying to research it.

I think I'll get the N85, really want to see how good the OLED screen is first. Its looked great in pics so far.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I used to have a 7700 with DVB-H and a transmitter in my office.

It was parp.