ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96 Help, quickly.

Phones being a cnut.

It doesn't fully charge (never stops charging). When its not charging it lasts about an hour if your lucky. I have tried a new battery and it does the same - so its the phone and not the battery. I went to update the firmware, and so called its already running the latest stuff (Can someone confirm what the latest is?).

Any info appreciated as always.

Thanks

Clio 172mk2
full hard reset , prolly will loose all data , apps the lot though

hard restet is *#7370#

if that fails try

hard reset (green + * + 3 + power on)

thats a last resort though and u neeed to be holding all them untill u see the nokia hand shake

Listerine & Poledo
look in
applications > SW update

it'll download and install any new software versions without wiping your content (99% of the time, anyway).

If no joy, be prepared to send it into Nokia, N series phones can't be fixed at places like Carphone Warehouse express repair centres and all have to be sent off.

Additionally, be prepared for it to be liquid ingress and thusly a write-off. If so, you'll eed an insurance to get another handset as it is not a warranty fault

Clio 172mk2
my n86 had issue of never gettin a fix on sat`s in navigation. and that was out of box , i did the hard reset, and updated via data cable to over write everything , now it can get a fix in a few secs,

When you pless and hold menu does it show any apps running?

No apps are open, tried the hard reset using the code - but it still seems to be using battery like mad. It gets really hot too! May catch on fire, could be interesting.

Aye, just phoned my dad up to see what phones he has up the office (boxes of new N-Series phones and what not) So going to get him to send me one - and mazuma will give me £125 for this thing.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
this is a bit of a common fault on the N96, to get it resolved you need to take it to a nokia repair shop.

I managed it in the end, its in warrenty and my local repair center is a 3 minute drive away.

What would i need to take with me? Boxes for this phone etc are back at home.

Just went into Carphone Warehouse, bloke said they deal with nokia service center and they can do it for me - but they wan't proof of purchase. It's one of my dads companys contract phones, boxes etc are all back in Bath :( ffs.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just take to your local Nokia repair centre , all Nokias have a 2 year warranty . They can tell how long the phone has left on the warranty from the IMEI number .

^What they said. Took mine back and the purchase date wasn't even questioned.

EDIT: Its possible to post your phone to nokia direct for repair if there isn't a service centre local.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
a friend took an iphone to carphone for repair they had it 3months and said is was buggered due to water damage. he knew there was no water damage, i took it to bits and there was a lose cable. plugged it back in and it now works perfect

Even the nokia website says they want proof of purchase if you post it too them.
Just looked at the software for my phone again, so called the latest version is 30.33 or somthing - and mine is running 12.xx, but it says no updates are available? Odd

Just posted it off to Nokia, finally decided to read it all in more detail and proof of purchase isn't needed if its still in warrenty!

How longs the turn around do you think?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
if they can sort it in shop probably a week or so. if it has to b send away more like 3weeks

Meh, CPWH wanted £15 for a cheap P&YG handset - but that was with credit, i didnt want a sim card =[

So i'm now phoneless. Oof.

Just got my phone back, posted it this time last week.
Very good turn around, easy to use and they didn't turn their nose up at it!
They have done more than fix the charging woes, the slider now feels tight like it should and not wobble all over the shot. New front screen fascia, new middle button which feels soft to push etc.

Fair play to Nokia.