ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N96 ordered.....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Lcd screen (soo last year)
DVB-H (Which wont work)
Its bigger than the n85
Its heavier than the n85
its uglyier than the n85

Lcd screen (soo last year)
Most have this..:rasp:

DVB-H (Which wont work)
Wrong, BBC say otherwise.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7603606.stm

Its bigger than the n85
Not by much..:eek:

Its heavier than the n85
This is true..a lethal weapon imo..

its uglyier than the n85
Disagree, I actually think it looks more modern then the N85.

Ofcourse, everyones entitled to an opinion though. :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Hi. Read that link.

Now tell me where it mentions DVB-H.

I'm assuming you don't know what it is.

N85 has an OLED screen.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope, DVB-H is a digital broadcast

Just like DVB-T/T2 (freeview) and DVB-S (Sky, Freesat)
It needs transmitters which the uk wont offer, the iplayer is a downloadable S60 app that works on any S60 FP2 phone.

I stand corrected. :)

I personally would have the N85 too. The FM transmitter works a treat ive heard.

BMW M135i
DVB-H is avaliable here but only in a few select places, oxford is one off the top of my head either way it won't be mega unless more transmitters are setup with it. I'm having one either way when they're avaliable in shops so I can have a play first, also the N85 is a long way off yet so plenty of time to have both if need be.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
I've waited about 5 months for Nokia to bring this out and as above not waiting any more.

If you wait until the N85 comes out you'll want the nexted new phone out.... and so on.....

OLCD's are having the same problem as the first plasma's had and that the screens last 3-5 years then need changing or repairing. However they will over come this given time.

Hopefully DVB-H tv will become available soon, i'm not far from Oxford or Newbury (Vodafone homesite)

ex Clio 172 owner :(
OLCD's are having the same problem as the first plasma's had and that the screens last 3-5 years then need changing or repairing. However they will over come this given time.

Have you ever had a phone that long?

so the iplayer app is not coming out for fp1 phones?

just when i thought my n95 8gb rocked!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
most companies don't do 12 months, unless you want to pay for the phone as well.

900 mins and 500texts free land line calls.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
N85 should be out in the next few weeks hopefully.

I was dead set on the N96 until I heard about the N85, definately the better phone of the two and cheaper!

Oh and sorry to bring this thread back up.

Whats the OP reckon the 96 if he has it yet?

wait and see ;)
if its anything like the N95 then god help you, mines broke again for about the 9th time

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
whats wrong with the n95? had mine 18 months and it didnt brake once?

the software runs perfect.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Got and N95, had a play with an n96.

N96 = poor

I will stick with the N95 and will either get an n85 or a G1

Clio 172mk2
im on me 3rd n95, the sliders are crap and generally go after a year, depends how much you use them though,

still want a n96/n85 like to have somet new and shiney

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
mine gets lots of use trust me and its not gone wrong once.

maybe its you, maybe your to rough with it

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
iv had my n95 for ages now and it has been brilliant - never had to replace it or anything....runs smoothly with software updates.....so iv ordered an n96 which i expect to be as good as my n95 when i first got that

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
hahaha i wouldnt expect that!!!

the featires have been improved and the satnav is as good as a tomtom. but the software is mega poor.

lets hope for some updates soon

BMW M135i
Its in dire need of a firmware update, it'll be all good once its sorted but the constant haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangin of simple apps (contacts, messanging, media) is starting to really get on my tits.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
tell me abuot it.

my main problem is playing music, or the lack of. it just freezes and restarts.

messages and contacts are slow but it dont hang

BMW M135i
Mine hangs like a beatch for ages then does whatever I wanted it to do 5 minutes ago in one very quick action. Getting very tempted to return it tbh until its sorted up or grab and N85 instead as this really isn't on tbh, I haven't waited 12 months+ since it was announced and payed to beta test a phone.

Clio 172mk2
ye msgs gets slow once u go over 800-1000, so clear out every week or so sorts that. seems to happen on all nokia symbian phones ive had though

BMW M135i
Its nothing to do with the ammount of messages unfortunately, all sorts of apps will hang. The release firmware is shite basically, and they've disabled the naviwheel on it too.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ah is that why it dont work.

if you do *#0000# you can check for software updates via wifi or gprs