ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nail in tyre

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i found a nail in my rear drivers side tyre today.
i pulled it out with some plyers and as expected, it went flat.

ive put my spare on, but was wondering if the tyre can be repaired safely instead of me getting a new one fitted? there is still lots of tread on it.

the nail was in the tread part towards the inside of the tyre, if you know what i mean.:S

dependant on position tbh , they'll tell you at any tyre place if it savable or not . sometimes to close to the edge and they wont risk it

182 inside
if the nail is 1 inch from either edge, they will plug it but I wouldn't use a plugged tyre on a performance car especially on the track. Put the repaired tyre on the rear of the car and keep it there.

RS Clio 172 Ph1
Kwik-Fit will do it for just under 20 quid. Mind you, they will try it on and tell you you need a new tyre(s).

LY V6 with Recaros
When I had a nail in the tread of mine, it needed replacing. But I guess it depends. The side walls had worn where I must have been driving with it a bit flat too, so I still would have had to have it repaired regardless.

I wouldn't ever want a tyre repaired, I just wouldn't trust it. For the sake of £70 odd, it's peace of mind.

Rsport182Cup'd
All repairs will be plug now,patching is banned and tube is for shitty rusty rims that wont seal

Milltek'd 182
nothing wrong with a plugged tyre! i had mine done about a week ago, it leaked so then got it done again and it still bloody leaks! long! :rolleyes:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
plugged tyres are fine, they drill the hole so that the plug is a tight fit. I did put my plugged tyre on the rear though, just in case. But its not had any problems since its been done.

J

Jim NM

anyone who ventures onto a Kwik-Fit forecourt should undergo brain surgery.. Total cash extraction, no prisoners taken. IMO

clio 172
im a manager for ATS and have repaired plenty of tyres and had no probs at high speeds even with two repairs in a tyre as long as its done properly you shouldnt have problems.but alot of people do put them in the boot.