ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang NS-2?

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Been looking at these, yes I know they are budgets before I get the whole 'its a budget tyre, you get what you pay for'. Ive read reviews some say its a good tyre, some say its a ditch finder, others say yeah its ok but ive had better and worse. So please dont just spam comment that just say 'dont touch', 'avoid these', 'yes use them' and such...
Can you tell me if they are good or bad and tell me why. Need to make some serious decisions on tyre sizes and Nankang happen to make the perfect size for what I want.

Cheers all

Black Clio GT
if your planning on getting them for sprited driving/a performace car they really arnt the best and will be ditch finders if your used to the handeling of a premium tyre but if its just for looks/driving about then they are very good value for money.
i ran 165/50/15s on a 7 wide rims so had no intension of them being a performance tyre and they served me well for 18 months before i sold the rims on....

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Well put it this way, the car is only a 1.4L so not allot of performance coming out of the old girl as it is. But how would you say spirited driving? Dont tend to throw it into corners but would they hold grip going round round-abouts and stuff at faster than normal?

they aint budget i ran nankang ns2 sport tires on all my cars i went to toyo t1rs this time on the phase 1 and there shite, ill be sticking with ns2 sports from now on.

Black Clio GT
they will be fine for a 1.4 clio like you said hardly putting massive bhp through them, just wouldnt recoment them for an rs....

nankgangs are budget tyres and are decent for the price just dont go expecting to gain grip levels over a £100 exalto/contact2. t1rs are very good tyres for the price, they work on some cars better than others and for some peoples driving styles but less so for others, doesnt mean they are s**te......
different strokes for different folks and all that!!

no there shite, nankang are a million times better, 240 bhp civic mugen type r on track, focus rs on track, astra vxr on track all used nankangs clio using toyos not a patch on them, then to boot my bora tdi pushing near 400 ft torque also on nankang grips better too,

MG Midget/182
Even on the road i'd be scared of these when pushing on, spend a couple of quid more and go for something like Federal SS535, lots of road noise, but more grip IMHO.

Mk1 Clio 1.4L RT
Think ill still give them a try, but does anyone know of another manufacturer that makes tyres measuring 185/45/15?

Megane 225
I had these in a 19 on my BMW 330ci. They came with the wheel package. I have to say I was impressed and surprised with them. For a budget tyre they are very good. I'd ran Michelin PS2's on the car before getting the 19's. These tyres handled nearly as well in the dry, but didn't really inspire confidence in the wet. The michelins were amazing in both wet and dry! So if your on a budget the Nankangs are fine, but if you want to hammer on in the wet stick something better on!