ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang NS2 . . . Tyre's

172 - Ph2 Flamer
' I've Read Mixed Review's From Various Site's On Nankang NS2's - Has Anybody Had Them On There Clio / What They Like . . . . ? Looking For A Tyre Around £60 ( Need 4 . . . . :eek: )

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
They were fitted all round when I bought the Clio. I'll be honest, they were nowhere near as bad as I saw made out by some on Google - I planned to change them ASAP, but actually I ended up leaving them till they wore out. Dry grip is more than adequate for normal driving and the occasional light blast session. In the wet they're also perfectly fine if you drive sensibly - wouldn't want to push on in the wet with them, but never experienced any significant aquaplaning (other than what you'd expect with any summer tyre). I was actually surprised - expected them to be terrible but for the money they're good.

(Disclaimer: I never went on track with them or attempted any remotely heroic driving however).

260% JCW
WTF Nankangs are w**k, if you're on your ass and can't afford nothing else then they're made of rubber and are legal that's it really.

Crap in the dry, dangerous in the wet. A great way to ruin a fine handling FWD car in one sweep.

I bought some ages ago when i was on a tight budget, went from Eagle F1's to Nankang-harry-crappy-oakies. Transformed the car and not for the better.

Last edited:
  RS6 C7
WTF Nakangs are w**k, if you're on your ass and can't afford nothing else then they're made of rubber and are legal that's it really.

Crap in the dry, dangerous in the wet. A great way to ruin a fine handling FWD car in one sweep.
Have you used them?

Civic Type R
Nankangs are ditch Finders, they were on the front of my first 182, and they are s**t. Also had them on a civic, and the were equally s**t.

182 track, Mk7 ST
I had a full set of these on my turbines when I got them. One thing I can say is they are awful, they are pretty shocking in the wet and just as bad in the dry, no grip what so ever and I'd especially hate to be using them with the current weather in this country, they are rock solid and spin up at the best of times with only light throttle application, that was in summer lol!

On the whole I'd say no and just pay the extra £10-15 for something better, something like Kumho Ectsa Le Sport's are pretty good for the price, I had the previous version on my last car 2 or 3 times over they were that good.

RS6 C7
I had a full set of these on my turbines when I got them. One thing I can say is they are awful, they are pretty shocking in the wet and just as bad in the dry, no grip what so ever and I'd especially hate to be using them with the current weather in this country, they are rock solid and spin up at the best of times with only light throttle application, that was in summer lol!

On the whole I'd say no and just pay the extra £10-15 for something better, something like Kumho Ectsa Le Sport's are pretty good for the price, I had the previous version on my last car 2 or 3 times over they were that good.

£40 extra for Conti's so you may aswell buy them really.

260% JCW
TBH i understand why people would buy them, As i said above i had to as it was all i could afford at the time.

Now i buy the best, it's the only bit that's in contact with the road and with the Mrs and soon to be new born in the car i wouldn't scrimp.

Skoda fabia Vrs
When I bought my 182 at the end of November there thy were on the front half worn. They lasted 3 weeks as they are ****. Ruined the car tbh. Bought yoko s drives for £53 a tyre when nankangs are £42 each.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I'm with Davedred . Uniroyal Rainsport 2's 75 quid a corner fitted . I'm more than happy with them on my 182 , fantastic amounts of grip in the wet as well as dry . Wouldn't have anything else now .

Renault Sport 182
Got NS 2s on the 309gti just to get it back on the road when i needed a car, big mistake car actually feels dangerous in the wet. Dont buy