ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NAT HELP

172 A Cupwork Orange™
I recently reinstalled windows xp pro as the net was running really slow and pc needed a clean up anyhow.

after reinstalling i am currently running Avast 4.7 pro (Antivirus) and the nat firewall in the netgear router, when i first installed it it was slow as crap again i checked the logs

to find this

Tue, 2007-11-13 09:42:18 - UDP Packet - Source:24.xx.xx.xx,10908 Destination:xx.xx.xx.xx,xx - [DOS]

there are hundreds of the [DOS] ips
dif ips dif ports all [DOS]

After reading the manual i turned off "Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port"

i can still see the [DOS] happening in the logs but the net/pc is no longer slow

question is do people think some unhappy chappy is DDOSing me from a botnet? also is a nat router safe to use alone ? i ran a test at shields up that said all was stealth etc

cheers

vern

172 A Cupwork Orange™
im not sure its sky internet dsl so technicaly its dialup so not static, however even when i reset the router and all the usual change ip stuff it stays the same so i presume it must be.