ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

navy 172?

clio 182
hey all! was thinking bout getting a 182 but cant find many good ones locally, but i found a nice 172 not too far away from me, its a navy 172, is tha colour common? have not seen many about, its an 03 plate and has 41k on the clock, they are asking for 7000, do you think that is a fair price or do you think i should offer them 6500? its in pretty good condition aswell, probably take it out for a test drive next couple of days, wt do you think guys?

Renault Sport Clio 172
Id have said it was a bit expensive.... mine was a 53 with 31,000 and it was up for £6k (which i did get for less), and the previous owner was a woman....

Have a look on pistonheads or on here in the for sale forum....

RB 200 Cup!
yeah its monaco lue

sounds a tad expensive - i got my black 172 53 plate 21k miles from a dealer last sept for 6800

clio 182
so im guessin then that if thats the car i want i'll be haggling then lol inside is immacualte though, im in swansea, wales, there does not seem to be many cheap 1*2s about lol

cock mobile.
so im guessin then that if thats the car i want i'll be haggling then lol inside is immacualte though, im in swansea, wales, there does not seem to be many cheap 1*2s about lol

Worth travelling to find a decent bargain though!

clio 182
yeh, ive got the local dealers ringing me back sometime today about a few 182's theyve been chasing up so I may get a good deal there, but i dno, i really like the look of the monaco blue 172, im guessin if i got the price down to 6500 then it wouldnt be so bad?

Renault Sport Clio 172
im in cardiff... i managed to find mine but it did take a few weeks.... bristol has quite a few... have a look on autotrader....

cock mobile.
yeh, ive got the local dealers ringing me back sometime today about a few 182's theyve been chasing up so I may get a good deal there, but i dno, i really like the look of the monaco blue 172, im guessin if i got the price down to 6500 then it wouldnt be so bad?

Personally I'd hold out to getting it closer to 6k.

Trust me, when you own one for a while and it depreciates like mad you'll regret over paying!

clio 182
yeh i know wt you mean, well ive jus turned 21 so i will be keeping tha car for bout 3-4 years until im making career money, i'll see how far i can push him if i decide thats the car to go for, i sat in it today and the gears seem so much better than a 182 i tested a while ago? am i jus being silly or did i jus test a shagged one? lol

cock mobile.
yeh i know wt you mean, well ive jus turned 21 so i will be keeping tha car for bout 3-4 years until im making career money, i'll see how far i can push him if i decide thats the car to go for, i sat in it today and the gears seem so much better than a 182 i tested a while ago? am i jus being silly or did i jus test a shagged one? lol

Drive as many as possible if you can, they you can get a feel.

There can be a big difference between a well made, well looked after one, and a poorly made car that has been mistreated.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Massively over priced!!!
This cost me 5650 in Jan, 43k miles, mint condition.
IMGP1510.jpg

clio 182
to Timmay: i dont really want to go buying privately, would rather by from a trader or dealer.

to Warren4: thats a nice looking motor, kinda puts it in perspective, i'll offer them 6k if i decide to go 4 it lol, wher did you buy that? privatly or from a trader?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Bought it privately. I'd never buy from a dealer, easy enough car to check over yourself, or pay Dekra £150 to do a mechanical check before buying, and still cheaper than a dealer. Drive a few, the 182 probably had knackered engine/box mounts, makes the gear shift feel very baggy and loose. Think about it, the £500 you save from buying privately will pay for a big chunk of your insurance!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I love it, fitted silvervisions, pro-line's, Alpine Ipod stereo, ITG panel filter, ferodo brake package so far. Possibly Trophy alloys on the way. Said I wasn't gonna spend much on this one:quiet:

Monaco 39/468 Mk2 ZS180
Mate that is too expensive (even though Monaco is the best colour:rasp: IMO).

Just like Warren^ I got my 03 plate Monaco 172 3 months ago in Dec with 23k on the clock in showroom condition for...............................£5700

Its worth just holding on and saving the equivalent in a years fully comp insurance.

Dom

Personally I'd hold out to getting it closer to 6k.

Trust me, when you own one for a while and it depreciates like mad you'll regret over paying!

Agreed, nearer to 6k isn't bad imo.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
£7k is well too much.

I bough a mint 2002 172FF a year and a half a go with 38k on the clock for £5.2k.

I'd say if its mint then its worth a max of £5.5k.

clio 182
well i doubt hes gonna go down til bout 5.5k bt if i decide thats the car for me i'll off him 6k and see what happens. i wouldnt buy private becoz of the whole no warranty thing but i know wher your coming from about the checks you can do, its my rents mostly, they are soo over cautious its unbelievble so rather than argue the case i jus keep quiet for an easy life lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you're interested, I know someone that may be selling a racing blue 182 soon.

Mk4 .:R32
7k for an 03 plate, 42k 172? I paid less than that for my flame red which was on 24k miles jan last year. For that price you could get a lower mileage 182.

^
It's not a dark blue though, more of a greeny colour (it used to be called paddock green) but they changed the name.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Thats pricey.I paid £7500 for my 04 Monaco FF with 12,000 miles on it back in July 06 from the Renualt dealer.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Ye,they had 4 172's all for similar money and all 53/04 plates in different colours,never had any problems with it at all since buying it(touch wood).Hows the training coming on Timmay?..Forgot to send the diet didnt i?..oops..will send it mate..Sorry..:eek:

Elise S1 B&C 140
Paid £6700 for my Monaco 8months ago;

32K, 1 owner, FSH, Had afull service before i picked it up including 4 new tyres new discs and pads all round and a new exhaust (cat back). Also had 3 years Warranty 12months tax/mot and a card allowing my next service free.

R26, R27
sounds to expensive,bought mine for 7k this time last year with 32k on clock,make sure you look about,look on auto trader website.good luck bro