ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NC500ish Trip

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
September haha @mMrBlonde , First week leaving the Wednesday [emoji23]

Ft Bill to Mallaig is a cracking road, has a mix of everything on it from tight, twisty stuff to fast, flowing bits. Plus the views are something else. Used to Holiday up there when I was a kid so has a place in my heart

Last edited:

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Thread aside, do you have an itinery or anything for this? Exactly what I want to do in the MR2 this year (@dann2707 @Panda. @Coops Mk1 @jameswrx ????)

Pictures are great btw. I reckon the E92 is probably the best all rounder there?

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
I'd certainly be up for this later in the year, virus and work permitting. If anyone is thinking of going from the Midlands I'd love to join the convoy. Love to see an itinerary too.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Thread aside, do you have an itinery or anything for this? Exactly what I want to do in the MR2 this year (@dann2707 @Panda. @Coops Mk1 @jameswrx ????)

Pictures are great btw. I reckon the E92 is probably the best all rounder there?
There's loads of stuff online to be fair, Can't remember if I posted my daily routes but I'd recommend a similar route and can post them again if you want. Very North to JOG and East isn't worthwhile imo but I guess people want to say they have done the full loop

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
@Akay So here's my route I plan. The one with the Skye loop is this year and the one starting from Fort William was the route we done last. Ignore the Day 2 etc stuff [emoji23] and they will probably not be in order

Fort William is a good base to start from, you've got a good few roads to pick from on the way there vs starting from Inverness but again, guess it depends if you want to do the "official" route

I wouldn't mind doing an extra day just for that run out to JOG on the routes but we base from Ullapool for two nights as that's a good location to get all the best bits.

Isle of Skye is definitely worth an extra day as well. Loads and loads to see and do, A quick loop round the island doesn't do it justice to be fair.

Kinlochewe via Gairloch to Ullapool is definitely one of the best bits of proper driving. Fast, flowing mostly with some truly stunning views
2ac8f640b5e27570c353dd3630c56e8b.jpg
00eb746605c0d75a303133059f8afe6f.jpg
9e8460a9c0c7f0d02ece49cf684fe940.jpg
5a597c57ebe946e8d295c2809c49e38a.jpg
0c08ca60c30c529771d1e8f863af3638.jpg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
This was near enough my full route from last year as well, Did end up being 100 more miles though for some reason. Elphin-Lochinver is a mega stretch as well.

I'd also take the Google map predicted time with a huge pinch of salt, I'd always add at least an hour on to whatever it says.

If you let me know how many days and what sort of route you want to do I can give you another post with some ideas on daily routes that are a decent length, seen some do proper long and direct days which kinda misses the point. It's as much as stopping and taking on where you are over driving flat out all the way [emoji28]
e5263d6c1c99ddc04bd3b4cd246d5882.png

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Highlands may not be to bad as the a Tourist spots,ie Glencoe,Loch Lomond,Carringorms & small towns.

Best thing i have found out with doing Drive outs,trips etc is Early start is the key.Gives you a good few hours of pretty much empty roads.

Hopefully Covid will be ok ish by summer & everyone will book up to f**k off abroad 🙏🏻

Best thing i have found out with doing Drive outs,trips etc is Early start is the key.Gives you a good few hours of pretty much empty roads.
Amen. I am so not a morning person by nature but come summer I'll be out at 5 am to enjoy the quiet roads.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I think the Highlands may not be to bad as the a Tourist spots,ie Glencoe,Loch Lomond,Carringorms & small towns.

Hopefully Covid will be ok ish by summer & everyone will book up to f**k off abroad [emoji1317]
We came down the Cairngorms on a Saturday lunchtime, while it was almost 20 degrees and seen very little traffic

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant write-up Jamie, really valuable info in here and it’s so inspiring, I just wish I lived a little closer. 1,000 mile motorway round trip just to get to somewhere interesting will make this a challenge to get signed-off by the other half but there’s plenty of time to plan.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant write-up Jamie, really valuable info in here and it’s so inspiring, I just wish I lived a little closer. 1,000 mile motorway round trip just to get to somewhere interesting will make this a challenge to get signed-off by the other half but there’s plenty of time to plan.
This is how I feel when I see mates down south popping over to the Ring for a weekend [emoji23]