ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ncb on 2 insurance policies.

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Need some help guys and girls.

My mum is currently in heated discussions with directline regarding her policies.

She has been holding two policies over the last five years.

She has had a policy on the metro and one on the astra both in her name.

Am i correct in thinking she has earned to lots of no claims?

so therfor she could buy 2 new cars and insure both of them with no claims bonus

hopw this makes sense
shaw

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
No, you can only use your NCB on 1 policy.

Your NCB is YOURS not the cars, only 1 of you, only 1 NCB

307 hdi (powered by derv)
but she has earned two lots on two separate cars?

if i went to insure a second car i ahve to start from scratch. surely that would earn me a second lot of no claims.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
No because you still havent claimed. It wouldnt matter if you had 100 cars you would still have only 1 lot of no claims.

If you earned a seperate NCB for each car when you sold that car you would loose you NCB.

Adam

Clio 182
clioman, yes if she has two policies running at the same time she will have been earning two sets of NCB.

I found this out, a few years ago when i went to insure a second car, i have full NCB on my first car but i can't use those on a second policy (that said most companies will agree to giving you a discount when insuring a second car with them).

I now have 8 yrs NCB on my main car/policy and 2 yr NCB on my second car/policy.

Thats assuming they are two independant policies, and NOT one policy thats covering two cars.

Last edited:

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ correct

If they are 2 seperate policies. Not one of those funny cheaper second car stuff etc....

Then she has earned 2 sets of NCD.

One for the astra and one for the fiesta.

Just remember tho you cannot combine the NCD she has gathered between the policies.
All the same rules apply to the NCD, she must use them before 2yrs is up or they get lost etc....

Clio 182
opps, just checked mine by phone as i've just switched to elephant.

Because they have given me a discounted quote on my second car (i.e. based my second car quote on 8 yr NCB) they are treating the NCB as shared between the two policies. i.e. if i claim on my second policy then i'll loose NCB from the first policy. This is probably what directline are doing to yours, nice of them to make it clear went i took the policy out, arseh*les!