ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly finished the install

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/photopost/data/500/3993cover_off-med.jpg

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/photopost/data/500/3993door-med.jpg

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/photopost/data/500/3993amp-med.jpg

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/photopost/data/500/3993cover_on-med.jpg

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/photopost/data/500/3993Dash-med.jpg

Subs not in as its broken, but its going in arse out and its a mm100 momo polk sub. Im sinstalling a few more cold cathodes 1 to light up sub and extra one on the amp, and one to light up xovers.

I may also retrip the whole boot in fake alacantra(sp) and build an enlcosure for a cap and an eq.

What do you think??

looks wicked mate!!!

those tweeters... are they different surrounds? i.e. the silver bits? & have u sat them in the housing that swivels & angles yeah?

& the main speaker driver.... I couldve sworn the 13cm driver was higher up in the door....?

yer there is a diff. sourround, so i can angle the tweet, and the mid is deceptive because of the conrours of the door skin.

Cheers, im going to cover it in either bage of very light grey alacantra, or the fake stuff

yer i got a choice of 2 mounting surrounds, 1 to go into a hole the same size as it, and one to sit on a surface. It was perfect fit in the hole in the dash where the previous grilless were

All my focals have is a straight housing so it will point straight up, or some angling peice that angles around 45 degrees! not sure which one would be the best to use? coz 45 degrees will point up at the roof... and the straight up piece will point straight at the windscreen maybe causing the sound to reflect off the windscreen into my ear maybe??

connor - you will see in a couple of days when you get your new clio that the mids are infact right down at the bottom of the door in a completely useless position or any decent SQ set-up

IMHO

yeah mate ive just seen! popped into the dealership today!! doh! maybe i can shove the bass one down there and the mid higher up?

hmmmm!!! perhaps you wanna make me this pod for me then!!! Coz I dont know how to use fibreglass!!!! and theres just soooo many things u can do! i.e. teardrop in the foot well n that! or mould a fibreglass pod into the lil hole where u put stuff etc etc!

FECK ME - Got alittle worried then - your install Rorris looks just like mineish!! i have the same comps (momo MM455s) however im running a JL 10 3w2 sub that works. However my boot looks just like your install. Ill take some pics of mine in the week and host um.

Remember to run in the comps - ive just finished running mine in, gains now set to 3/4 running from 200RMS alpine amp, sounds the nuts! (bit upset about the grills tho - i was hoping to try hide my door speakers, but you cant use any other grill. You grills are designed to show of the speakers)

You going to the southend meet? we can compare sounds.

^^ what a conicident, thats quite funny, get some phots!!!

Yer the grilles are sweet, im going to see if i can use them anywere!!!

when/where is the southend meet??

connor - you could always build an angled spacing ring, so an mdf spacing ring with the bottom wider than the top for some staging, this is what i plan in the near future. As for the tweets, i would use the ones straight up, and dont push them all the way in, that what ive done!!!

cliosport southend meet is on the 4th of october!!

& i picked up my clio today!!! yey!! the vocals are pretty good as standard.... which means ill definetly put the new tweeter in the dash instead of in the doors.

and rorrie. surely if i do that ring.. it would mean i cant put the original ring/door card back on over it? coz it will protrude to far? and they are 6.5"! so not sure if they will fit right in easily?!

It may be ok, you will have to remove the door cards, cut out the section of plastic that the speakers are in, which youl have to do anyway, and then you should be able to get a little angle on it, try it and seen, do a rough ring, or just see by holding it to see how much you could get away with.

They are 5.25" in the doors, i tried to fit 6.5" and it was too hard, i took them to a very good installed, and they said they would have to go in builds.so i sold them!!!

trust me, they dont have to go in builds, but it takes a lot of effort to squeeze them into the existing holes

very hard to do, and you can easily destryo your door card in the process

bambam - the ones i had were too deep, so to fir them in the doors and the windows to come down, they would be pertuding past the outside of the door skin!!!

CS_Matt - lol

Lol! well i think im gonna have serious probs then!!!!

Coz my 6.5 midbass is 90mm deep!!!!!!! hmmm ideas please....?! I aint giving up... i am definetly having them, just want to put them in without destrying much!! unless I get ur old door cards to use bambam!

i don;t remeber how deep mine were, they should fit, but i would imagine there would be some metal cutting involved!!!

PS - hows the new car??

well the car has officially been written off, just waiting for the pay out and then i can ask where the car will be taken, then the door cards are all yours

only way to make them fit is fibreglass pods, if you dont know how, now is the time to learn

doh! dont know how to use fibreglass =/ I like the way the dude thats stripped out his valver and caged it up has done em! thats well smart & neat...

was hoping i could fit the 6.5 in the original place with a spacer ring and then put the mid somewhere like where the hole is for you to place stuff (fill it and place the speaker in an mdf type housing there)

Rorrie - Car is absolutely wicked! got it lowered today.. handling is immense and looks perfect! not too lil, not slammed, but just right!