ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

like marmite - you'll either love it or hate it...

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
do you try to race it? cant imagine a 2 ltr in that, it couldnt cope with the power, get a sport instead

Shed.
do you try to race it? cant imagine a 2 ltr in that, it couldnt cope with the power, get a sport instead

coming form someone with a 1.4 ?

You need to see the dam thing in the flesh. It aint bad when you get up close, allthough it beeps at you in a very violent way if you go near it.

If youd of bought a sport, or a dynamique 172 replica and sprayed it that colour itd of been perfect mate.

IMFHO the colour is great when you can see it in real life. In photos its nothing.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
the sunstrip is for advertising (got a big chunk of cash off) it's now got a single wiper and new seat (should be in by now;) )! i like this car but not a big fan of the glitter and the light brows (sorry rich:eek: )

but it looks so good in the sunshine:rasp:

and he should be gettin a 2L engine in the next year (maybe a turbo)

i kno you love it rich:D

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Only just seen this thread. Not a fan sorry :(

Must be impossible to go over speedhumps with those rocket boosters (exhausts) on the side.

Stanced Honda S2000
smashed in front bumper ?

wierd that because i could have sworn i was in the fast car section at fastfest this weekend and will be in the meguiars top 25 at FCS ?

ahh well .. my car must be a shed then ? lmfao !

Black 172 MK2
at the end of the day buddy its your car, if you like it and achieve what you want from it then who cares. Iv seen alot worse tbh

b/g 182, meg tourer
not to my taste but i dont dislike it.
a lot of time has gone into it and its not done half arsed. good on ya i say! who cares if it looks different to most other peoples. your car, your style!

where did you get your wiper blanking plate? i really need one.

Stanced Honda S2000
not to my taste but i dont dislike it.
a lot of time has gone into it and its not done half arsed. good on ya i say! who cares if it looks different to most other peoples. your car, your style!

where did you get your wiper blanking plate? i really need one.

hadit custom made :)

VX220 lightning
I dont understand why you would put sooooooo much money into a 1.2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why not split the money on buying a better car (at least a 1.6) and on the extra cost of insurance?

The problem I think with your car is that you will get stereotyped so quickly and be branded as a c***.

anyone agree?

Stanced Honda S2000
I dont understand why you would put sooooooo much money into a 1.2?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why not split the money on buying a better car (at least a 1.6) and on the extra cost of insurance?

The problem I think with your car is that you will get stereotyped so quickly and be branded as a c***.

anyone agree?

so when i put my 2.0 in it ?

i bought the car nearly 5 years ago with 1 years free insurance.. to build up my no claims... here i am with 6 years no claims.. no points and with a car i love the look of.. all i need now is the engine.. which now i can afford and afford to run and insure and tax...

think ive done things the right way round..

MINI Cooper S
I guess its just not what other people like, but clearly Rich has spent loads of cash on it, and its his car, so he can do whatever he wants. Its not to my taste but fair play to him for a professional job, and if he is happy with it, who cares?

185lb/ft dCi
yeh get the 2.0 slammed in! although I do believe the car would look alot better maybe a different colour without any flake. love the wheels man!

Stanced Honda S2000
its honestly better when u see it in the flesh...

but yes.. colour change in about a year...

special...

Clio 1.2 billabong
finally a good modified look, looking 2 do my clio with a bodykit and that get it looking tidy 4 next years shows. anyway love the car fella paint is mad !!

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
It's alot a cash to spend. Sorry but if you'd applied to customising a '32 Deuce Coupe or a rod of a similiar ilk then fair play. If it had some power to back it up, well at least it would have some some street cred.

Save your cash and spend it on insurance next time for something quicker. Either that or save it and spend it on car that looks stunning out of the box....Don't tell me, your between the age of 17 and 21?

172 Exclusive... For Sale
Not bad, certainly one of the best non-sport Clio's. I'm not into all that modifying snobbery, end of the day you've got a mass-produced car and expressed your creativity with it. Respect.

I personally prefer performance and handling. I wouldn't put a bigger engine in as i doubt I'd have the confidence to chuck a car round with all that work gone into it.

Bet you feel content just looking at it after been involved in such a project...

Stanced Honda S2000
Not bad, certainly one of the best non-sport Clio's. I'm not into all that modifying snobbery, end of the day you've got a mass-produced car and expressed your creativity with it. Respect.

I personally prefer performance and handling. I wouldn't put a bigger engine in as i doubt I'd have the confidence to chuck a car round with all that work gone into it.

Bet you feel content just looking at it after been involved in such a project...

and yeah its nice to look back and look at what youve created but i really want to finish her off and put the 2 litre engine in... i know its not cost effective blardy blardy blarr but i can then say IVE done it from start to finish..

thanks for most of your comments and i do appreciate the nice ones and even some of the negative ones, its just when people are rude on CS about your car. Thats what bugs me. I suppose its each to thier own and maybe i should turn around and say '' your cars standard...and yours.. what a load of sh*t .. id rather eat myown vomit etc etc'' like what ive had, but im not that rude and respect other people and thier work... hope that makes sense to people.
It saddens me the attitude on CS some times, as ive been on CS for a longtime and there seems to be a few die hard anti-modified members, which in owners clubs is odd. as saxo owners clubs, corsa and many others appreciate mpdified examples of thier vehicles.
maybe just me............

meh

Having seen this car in the flesh at FCS it really is a first class job and Rich should be proud of it. Anyone breaking from the normal Cliosport gets a slating on here. Keep with it Rich and instal the 2.0 litre.

Chocolate Bar™
personally think hes done a really good job of it, loving the little touches like on the wheels. If it were my car though, i'd go for the bumpstrips in 1 colour, and i'd get rid of the exhausts, but other than that work looks top notch