ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly got scammed!

172 ph2
I went on a vehicle valuation website to get a better idea what mine might be worth as i am selling up..i filled in all the questions online and at the end it said we will email your valuation.
I waited a day or so and didnt get an email..then out of the blue i got a phone call asking if my car was still for sale and if so they have found a buyer. i was a bit confused as i only asked for a valuation, they said they found someone to buy my car for £4300 cash (this is without seeing the car)
i was somewhat suspicious..i didnt have a clue what was going on. they said they would pass my details onto the buyer who would contact me, at this point i thought 'hang on how do you guys make ur money' so i asked that question and he said i have to pay £89 for the fact they found me a buyer! of course i said no thanks..then i spoke to my dad who said the company had been on watch dog for scamming people out of £89 +..
seems ya gota be careful, as if i or anyone had paid £89 and the person they found dnt wat ur car then ur money down and nout to show 4 it!
Pricks..
sorry 4 the essay..

Oldest trick in the book, "Oh yes, we have two buyers interested in your car, but it'll cost you £100 pounds first."

Clio 1970000000
Even if you put in your advert 'no canvessors, no agents' they still phone you up!!!!!!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lol at the thread title, so how close were you to saying "okay, my account number is 9 . . . "

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
thing is there are geniune firms out there that this is there business. I was on autotrader with my old car and got called twice from Cardata, it checked out as the number that were ringing me were from the number listed on cardata's website, bar differenet extensions for the sales people

172 ph2
As soon as they asked for money alarm bells where ringing so no way was i gona give em my card details..shame it wasnt real seems like a good idea

thing is there are geniune firms out there that this is there business. I was on autotrader with my old car and got called twice from Cardata, it checked out as the number that were ringing me were from the number listed on cardata's website, bar differenet extensions for the sales people

This will probably be the same people. As someone said, it's basically a legal scam. All very nice chatty on the phone with proper phone numbers, and they'll lie to you saying they have buyers waiting for it, ask for nearly £100 and then never hear from them again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okloDIEvzTg